Whitney Houston Filed for Divorce from Bobby Brown
After 14-years of marriage and a month of legal separation, Whitney Houston has filed for divorce from Bobby Brown. The pop singer filed divorce papers in Orange County Superior Court this week, her publicist Nancy Seltzer said Tuesday Oct 17th.
Houston had asked in her divorce papers that she be granted the custody of her and Brown's 13-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina, and that he be allowed visitation rights. Brown's attorney, Phaedra Parks, declined to comment on the divorce filing.
Houston and Brown wed on June 18, 1992, during which she was at the height of her fame as a Grammy-winning superstar known for such hits as "I Will Always Love You." In between their marriage time, the couple's relationship was marked by trips to rehab, rumors of infidelity and run-ins with the law.
More Whitney Houston News
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope