Whitney Houston Filed for Divorce from Bobby Brown
After 14-years of marriage and a month of legal separation, Whitney Houston has filed for divorce from Bobby Brown. The pop singer filed divorce papers in Orange County Superior Court this week, her publicist Nancy Seltzer said Tuesday Oct 17th.
Houston had asked in her divorce papers that she be granted the custody of her and Brown's 13-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina, and that he be allowed visitation rights. Brown's attorney, Phaedra Parks, declined to comment on the divorce filing.
Houston and Brown wed on June 18, 1992, during which she was at the height of her fame as a Grammy-winning superstar known for such hits as "I Will Always Love You." In between their marriage time, the couple's relationship was marked by trips to rehab, rumors of infidelity and run-ins with the law.
More Whitney Houston News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board