Whitney Houston Filed for Divorce from Bobby Brown
After 14-years of marriage and a month of legal separation, Whitney Houston has filed for divorce from Bobby Brown. The pop singer filed divorce papers in Orange County Superior Court this week, her publicist Nancy Seltzer said Tuesday Oct 17th.
Houston had asked in her divorce papers that she be granted the custody of her and Brown's 13-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina, and that he be allowed visitation rights. Brown's attorney, Phaedra Parks, declined to comment on the divorce filing.
Houston and Brown wed on June 18, 1992, during which she was at the height of her fame as a Grammy-winning superstar known for such hits as "I Will Always Love You." In between their marriage time, the couple's relationship was marked by trips to rehab, rumors of infidelity and run-ins with the law.
More Whitney Houston News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'