Helena Bonham Carter Is Mrs. Lovett in "Sweeney Todd"
Tim Burton has booked Helena Bonham Carter to co-star with Johnny Depp in his upcoming direction "Sweeney Todd".
In the DreamWorks Studios and Warner Bros. co-production of the Stephen Sondheim musical, the actress will play the diabolical meat pie-maker Mrs. Lovett.
Of drama thriller genre, "Sweeney Todd" tells the infamous story of Benjamin Barker, a.k.a Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barbershop down in London but who murders his customers and has them made into meat pies. John Logan wrote the screenplay.
Shooting begins in early next year for a late 2007 release, with Paramount distributing domestically for DreamWorks, and Warner Bros. handling international territories.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos