Helena Bonham Carter Is Mrs. Lovett in "Sweeney Todd"
Tim Burton has booked Helena Bonham Carter to co-star with Johnny Depp in his upcoming direction "Sweeney Todd".
In the DreamWorks Studios and Warner Bros. co-production of the Stephen Sondheim musical, the actress will play the diabolical meat pie-maker Mrs. Lovett.
Of drama thriller genre, "Sweeney Todd" tells the infamous story of Benjamin Barker, a.k.a Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barbershop down in London but who murders his customers and has them made into meat pies. John Logan wrote the screenplay.
Shooting begins in early next year for a late 2007 release, with Paramount distributing domestically for DreamWorks, and Warner Bros. handling international territories.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'