Helena Bonham Carter Is Mrs. Lovett in "Sweeney Todd"
Tim Burton has booked Helena Bonham Carter to co-star with Johnny Depp in his upcoming direction "Sweeney Todd".
In the DreamWorks Studios and Warner Bros. co-production of the Stephen Sondheim musical, the actress will play the diabolical meat pie-maker Mrs. Lovett.
Of drama thriller genre, "Sweeney Todd" tells the infamous story of Benjamin Barker, a.k.a Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barbershop down in London but who murders his customers and has them made into meat pies. John Logan wrote the screenplay.
Shooting begins in early next year for a late 2007 release, with Paramount distributing domestically for DreamWorks, and Warner Bros. handling international territories.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser