Warner Independent Gets "Funny"
Making a good move as it keeps progressing smoothly, Warner Independent Pictures has satisfyingly obtained distribution rights to thriller drama "Funny Games", a Halcyon Pictures production directed by Michael Haneke.
A remake of Haneke's 1997 Austrian film of the same title, the picture revolves around two psychotic young men who take a family hostage in a vacation home invasion. Filming is currently under way in New York with Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Pitt, Brady Corbet, and Devon Gearhart starring.
The independent film studio and distributor division of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Warner Independent was established in August 2003 and has distributed more than 20 big screen features, the first being Richard Linklater's "Before Sunset." Its upcoming productions include "Wartime Lies", "Mary Queen of Scots", and "Brideshead Revisited."
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3