Warner Independent Gets "Funny"
Making a good move as it keeps progressing smoothly, Warner Independent Pictures has satisfyingly obtained distribution rights to thriller drama "Funny Games", a Halcyon Pictures production directed by Michael Haneke.
A remake of Haneke's 1997 Austrian film of the same title, the picture revolves around two psychotic young men who take a family hostage in a vacation home invasion. Filming is currently under way in New York with Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Pitt, Brady Corbet, and Devon Gearhart starring.
The independent film studio and distributor division of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Warner Independent was established in August 2003 and has distributed more than 20 big screen features, the first being Richard Linklater's "Before Sunset." Its upcoming productions include "Wartime Lies", "Mary Queen of Scots", and "Brideshead Revisited."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says