Warner Independent Gets "Funny"
Making a good move as it keeps progressing smoothly, Warner Independent Pictures has satisfyingly obtained distribution rights to thriller drama "Funny Games", a Halcyon Pictures production directed by Michael Haneke.
A remake of Haneke's 1997 Austrian film of the same title, the picture revolves around two psychotic young men who take a family hostage in a vacation home invasion. Filming is currently under way in New York with Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Pitt, Brady Corbet, and Devon Gearhart starring.
The independent film studio and distributor division of Warner Bros. Entertainment, Warner Independent was established in August 2003 and has distributed more than 20 big screen features, the first being Richard Linklater's "Before Sunset." Its upcoming productions include "Wartime Lies", "Mary Queen of Scots", and "Brideshead Revisited."
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues