Eddie Murphy and Brian Robbins Board the "Starship"
Making a reunion after teaming up in DreamWorks upcoming comedy "Norbit", director Brian Robbins and Eddie Murphy are ready to work together in "Starship Dave", a new comedic project currently in pre-production at 20th Century Fox.
Scheduled to start production in March, pic tells about a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who tries to find a way to save their doomed world. Murphy is billed as the titular character who is a human spacecraft the group travel in as well as the captain.
Robbins, a native of Marine Park, Brooklyn, New York, is also known as film and TV producer, notably those for "All That" and its spin-offs on Nickelodeon. For "Starship", he replaced "The Longest Yard" helmer Peter Segal who quitted due to a scheduling conflict with his stint for Warner Bros. in "Get Smart."
As for Murphy, the funnyman first commenced his path in comedy at age sixteen as part of a comedy duo with fellow comedian Mitchell Kyser at the Roosevelt Youth Center before joined SNL for about four years. His past film credits include "The Nutty Professor", "I Spy", "Daddy Day Care", and "The Haunted Mansion."
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors