Eddie Murphy and Brian Robbins Board the "Starship"
Making a reunion after teaming up in DreamWorks upcoming comedy "Norbit", director Brian Robbins and Eddie Murphy are ready to work together in "Starship Dave", a new comedic project currently in pre-production at 20th Century Fox.
Scheduled to start production in March, pic tells about a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who tries to find a way to save their doomed world. Murphy is billed as the titular character who is a human spacecraft the group travel in as well as the captain.
Robbins, a native of Marine Park, Brooklyn, New York, is also known as film and TV producer, notably those for "All That" and its spin-offs on Nickelodeon. For "Starship", he replaced "The Longest Yard" helmer Peter Segal who quitted due to a scheduling conflict with his stint for Warner Bros. in "Get Smart."
As for Murphy, the funnyman first commenced his path in comedy at age sixteen as part of a comedy duo with fellow comedian Mitchell Kyser at the Roosevelt Youth Center before joined SNL for about four years. His past film credits include "The Nutty Professor", "I Spy", "Daddy Day Care", and "The Haunted Mansion."
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident