Eddie Murphy and Brian Robbins Board the "Starship"
Making a reunion after teaming up in DreamWorks upcoming comedy "Norbit", director Brian Robbins and Eddie Murphy are ready to work together in "Starship Dave", a new comedic project currently in pre-production at 20th Century Fox.
Scheduled to start production in March, pic tells about a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who tries to find a way to save their doomed world. Murphy is billed as the titular character who is a human spacecraft the group travel in as well as the captain.
Robbins, a native of Marine Park, Brooklyn, New York, is also known as film and TV producer, notably those for "All That" and its spin-offs on Nickelodeon. For "Starship", he replaced "The Longest Yard" helmer Peter Segal who quitted due to a scheduling conflict with his stint for Warner Bros. in "Get Smart."
As for Murphy, the funnyman first commenced his path in comedy at age sixteen as part of a comedy duo with fellow comedian Mitchell Kyser at the Roosevelt Youth Center before joined SNL for about four years. His past film credits include "The Nutty Professor", "I Spy", "Daddy Day Care", and "The Haunted Mansion."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival