Eddie Murphy and Brian Robbins Board the "Starship"
Making a reunion after teaming up in DreamWorks upcoming comedy "Norbit", director Brian Robbins and Eddie Murphy are ready to work together in "Starship Dave", a new comedic project currently in pre-production at 20th Century Fox.
Scheduled to start production in March, pic tells about a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who tries to find a way to save their doomed world. Murphy is billed as the titular character who is a human spacecraft the group travel in as well as the captain.
Robbins, a native of Marine Park, Brooklyn, New York, is also known as film and TV producer, notably those for "All That" and its spin-offs on Nickelodeon. For "Starship", he replaced "The Longest Yard" helmer Peter Segal who quitted due to a scheduling conflict with his stint for Warner Bros. in "Get Smart."
As for Murphy, the funnyman first commenced his path in comedy at age sixteen as part of a comedy duo with fellow comedian Mitchell Kyser at the Roosevelt Youth Center before joined SNL for about four years. His past film credits include "The Nutty Professor", "I Spy", "Daddy Day Care", and "The Haunted Mansion."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service