Eddie Murphy and Brian Robbins Board the "Starship"
Making a reunion after teaming up in DreamWorks upcoming comedy "Norbit", director Brian Robbins and Eddie Murphy are ready to work together in "Starship Dave", a new comedic project currently in pre-production at 20th Century Fox.
Scheduled to start production in March, pic tells about a crew of miniature, human-looking aliens who tries to find a way to save their doomed world. Murphy is billed as the titular character who is a human spacecraft the group travel in as well as the captain.
Robbins, a native of Marine Park, Brooklyn, New York, is also known as film and TV producer, notably those for "All That" and its spin-offs on Nickelodeon. For "Starship", he replaced "The Longest Yard" helmer Peter Segal who quitted due to a scheduling conflict with his stint for Warner Bros. in "Get Smart."
As for Murphy, the funnyman first commenced his path in comedy at age sixteen as part of a comedy duo with fellow comedian Mitchell Kyser at the Roosevelt Youth Center before joined SNL for about four years. His past film credits include "The Nutty Professor", "I Spy", "Daddy Day Care", and "The Haunted Mansion."
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom