"Rambo IV" Trapped in Battle Over Rights
Not yet commenced on his journey in Thailand, Rambo has already found an obstacle barring his way as The Weinstein Company has filed a lawsuit against Nu Image on Friday, October 13 concerning the distribution rights on "Rambo IV: In the Serpent's Eye."
Weinstein Co., which transferred the rights of the sequel to Nu Image in 2004, claimed that Nu Image, without its consent, has offered distribution rights to Lionsgate despite mutual understanding that Weinstein has first right of refusal on who gets to distribute it.
"When advised by the Weinstein Co. of its violation ... Nu Image purported to comply (by) making an unreasonable and bad faith proposal to the Weinstein Co. with respect to the potential acquisition by the Weinstein Co. of domestic or worldwide distribution rights in the picture," the lawsuit states.
In continuation of the legal action, Weinstein Co. attempts to seek a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction preventing Nu Image from making any third-party agreement for the fourth installment of the franchise without its approval.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character