George Clooney Awarded with the 2006 American Cinematheque Award
Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney was granted the 2006 American Cinematheque Award in Beverly Hills on Friday Oct 13th. The lavish event, which was held to raise money for filmmaking charity American Cinematique, paid tribute to the actor whose film credits include "Good Night And Good Luck", "Syriana" and "Ocean's Eleven" just to name a few.
Presented the award to Clooney was senior actress Julia Roberts. Among the attendees at the 21st annual award show are director Oliver Stone and actors Christian Slater, Salma Hayek, Geoffrey Rush and Lindsay Lohan.
"There's no man probably more worthy (of) getting some awards," Slater said on Clooney. "He's a great artist, great director, and a phenomenal humanitarian. I think he serves as a great example to other actors, myself included. He's a guy, somebody to follow."
More George Clooney News
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image