Madonna and Guy Ritchie Flew Out of Malawi Sans Adopted Son
Just after gaining preliminary custody of a 1-year-old Malawian boy, Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie flew out of the southern African country Friday Oct 13th at 2 a.m. without their adopted son David Banda. The child reportedly has been left in the care of Madonna's entourage.
Meanwhile, Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg confirmed the adoption plans, released a statement confirming, "Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie have been granted custody of their son David. Final legal arrangements are being made to bring him home to his new family".
However, David has to remain in Malawi because, according to a senior immigration official, "immigration is still trying to process his passport". Malawian officials, moreover, also said that the child's departure had been delayed because final legal arrangements were still being made and for procedural reasons.
David would later on join Madonna, who left addresses in London and Los Angeles, where government officials can reach her and monitor the boy's progress in foster care for 18 months in line with the conditions in the order.
More Madonna News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective