Madonna and Guy Ritchie Flew Out of Malawi Sans Adopted Son
Just after gaining preliminary custody of a 1-year-old Malawian boy, Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie flew out of the southern African country Friday Oct 13th at 2 a.m. without their adopted son David Banda. The child reportedly has been left in the care of Madonna's entourage.
Meanwhile, Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg confirmed the adoption plans, released a statement confirming, "Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie have been granted custody of their son David. Final legal arrangements are being made to bring him home to his new family".
However, David has to remain in Malawi because, according to a senior immigration official, "immigration is still trying to process his passport". Malawian officials, moreover, also said that the child's departure had been delayed because final legal arrangements were still being made and for procedural reasons.
David would later on join Madonna, who left addresses in London and Los Angeles, where government officials can reach her and monitor the boy's progress in foster care for 18 months in line with the conditions in the order.
More Madonna News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special