John Goodman Pronounces "Sentence"
Recently finished shooting "Evan Almighty" for Universal, John Goodman has already got another acting job to do. The "Roseanne" star has signed on to take part in 20th Century Fox's vigilante drama "Death Sentence", an adaptation of Brian Garfield's novel of the same title.
Joining the likes of Kevin Bacon and Kelly Preston, Goodman will play an arms dealer named Bones Darly who is also the boss of a drug ring which includes his two sons, played by Garrett Hedlund and Matthew O'Leary. The story itself takes its focus on Bacon's character, a vengeful father who chases down criminals responsible for the assault on his wife and son.
Currently filming in Columbia, South Carolina, pic features "Saw" director James Wan at helm and Ian Jeffers as the screenwriter with Howard and Karen Elise Baldwin producing. Other cast members include Aisha Tyler, Hector Atreyu Ruiz, Jordan Garret, and Stuart Lafferty who plays Bacon's son.
Goodman, a native of Affton, Missouri, is widely known for his comic roles on big screen, notably in "The Flintstones." Apart from "Evan Almighty", his upcoming credits are a TV-movie feature titled "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Drunkboat" besides a voice-acting stint in "Bee Movie."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal