John Goodman Pronounces "Sentence"
Recently finished shooting "Evan Almighty" for Universal, John Goodman has already got another acting job to do. The "Roseanne" star has signed on to take part in 20th Century Fox's vigilante drama "Death Sentence", an adaptation of Brian Garfield's novel of the same title.
Joining the likes of Kevin Bacon and Kelly Preston, Goodman will play an arms dealer named Bones Darly who is also the boss of a drug ring which includes his two sons, played by Garrett Hedlund and Matthew O'Leary. The story itself takes its focus on Bacon's character, a vengeful father who chases down criminals responsible for the assault on his wife and son.
Currently filming in Columbia, South Carolina, pic features "Saw" director James Wan at helm and Ian Jeffers as the screenwriter with Howard and Karen Elise Baldwin producing. Other cast members include Aisha Tyler, Hector Atreyu Ruiz, Jordan Garret, and Stuart Lafferty who plays Bacon's son.
Goodman, a native of Affton, Missouri, is widely known for his comic roles on big screen, notably in "The Flintstones." Apart from "Evan Almighty", his upcoming credits are a TV-movie feature titled "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Drunkboat" besides a voice-acting stint in "Bee Movie."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'