John Goodman Pronounces "Sentence"
Recently finished shooting "Evan Almighty" for Universal, John Goodman has already got another acting job to do. The "Roseanne" star has signed on to take part in 20th Century Fox's vigilante drama "Death Sentence", an adaptation of Brian Garfield's novel of the same title.
Joining the likes of Kevin Bacon and Kelly Preston, Goodman will play an arms dealer named Bones Darly who is also the boss of a drug ring which includes his two sons, played by Garrett Hedlund and Matthew O'Leary. The story itself takes its focus on Bacon's character, a vengeful father who chases down criminals responsible for the assault on his wife and son.
Currently filming in Columbia, South Carolina, pic features "Saw" director James Wan at helm and Ian Jeffers as the screenwriter with Howard and Karen Elise Baldwin producing. Other cast members include Aisha Tyler, Hector Atreyu Ruiz, Jordan Garret, and Stuart Lafferty who plays Bacon's son.
Goodman, a native of Affton, Missouri, is widely known for his comic roles on big screen, notably in "The Flintstones." Apart from "Evan Almighty", his upcoming credits are a TV-movie feature titled "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Drunkboat" besides a voice-acting stint in "Bee Movie."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular