John Goodman Pronounces "Sentence"
Recently finished shooting "Evan Almighty" for Universal, John Goodman has already got another acting job to do. The "Roseanne" star has signed on to take part in 20th Century Fox's vigilante drama "Death Sentence", an adaptation of Brian Garfield's novel of the same title.
Joining the likes of Kevin Bacon and Kelly Preston, Goodman will play an arms dealer named Bones Darly who is also the boss of a drug ring which includes his two sons, played by Garrett Hedlund and Matthew O'Leary. The story itself takes its focus on Bacon's character, a vengeful father who chases down criminals responsible for the assault on his wife and son.
Currently filming in Columbia, South Carolina, pic features "Saw" director James Wan at helm and Ian Jeffers as the screenwriter with Howard and Karen Elise Baldwin producing. Other cast members include Aisha Tyler, Hector Atreyu Ruiz, Jordan Garret, and Stuart Lafferty who plays Bacon's son.
Goodman, a native of Affton, Missouri, is widely known for his comic roles on big screen, notably in "The Flintstones." Apart from "Evan Almighty", his upcoming credits are a TV-movie feature titled "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Drunkboat" besides a voice-acting stint in "Bee Movie."
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser