Hilary Duff and Boyfriend Joel Madden Are Being Stalked, Sought Restraining Orders
These days are tough for Hilary Duff to pass. The actress claims she is fearing for her life, alleging in a court documents she and boyfriend, Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden, are being stalked by two men, one a paparazzi and the other a homeless man.
Papers filed Thursday Oct 12th in Los Angeles Superior Court stated that a 19-year-old Russian emigre named Max "Doe" came to the United States "for the sole purpose of meeting and becoming romantically involved with Ms. Duff." The man "admitted to being 'obsessed' with her, has stated his intention of 'removing' his 'enemies' (i.e. those who prevent him from being with her)."
Furthermore, the court documents stated that Max has also revealed "his intention of purchasing a weapon, and has threatened to kill himself and to engage in dramatic actions to get her attention", while stated his belief that "Hilary is in love with him and that Joel Madden stands in their way".
Duff and Madden additionally also named Max's roommate, 50-year-old David Joseph Klein, as another suspect, claiming him as the one who passed Max's foreboding messages along to Duff. All in all, the celebrity couple is seeking restraining orders against the two men, while at the same time also seeking at least 100 yards worth of protection for Duff's sister, Haylie Duff, and mom, Susan Duff, and Madden's twin brother and band mate, Benji Madden.
In other Duff news, the singer-actress will have her first studio album since her self-titled sophomore effort in 2004 hit the market by February next year. In the meantime she also is filming her new film project, "War Inc." alongside fellow actor John Cusack.
More Hilary Duff News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest