Madonna Was Granted An Interim Order to Adopt A Malawian Baby Boy
It's official, Madonna filed for adoption. The pop superstar and husband Guy Ritchie were granted an interim order to adopt a one-year-old boy from the impoverished African country Malawi, a senior court official said on Thursday Oct 12th.
The singer took custody of a motherless 1-year-old boy from Malawi named David Banda. Reports on the adoption was confirmed by the child's father, a Malawi village chief, the director of the orphanage, and the secretary for the Ministry for Gender and Child Welfare among others, while there has yet any official statement released by the London-based singer.
"Madonna and the husband filed their papers for an interim order this morning (Oct 12th) at Lilongwe High Court, and the judge gave the ruling at 2 p.m. this afternoon," deputy registrar Thomson Ligowe told Reuters. She "was granted an interim order to adopt the child, which means that there's going to be a subsequent hearing by the same court to either allow her to adopt the child or not. This also means that she has been put on observer status to see how she will relate to the child, and people from social welfare will have to observe that. The court will depend upon their observations to make a final decision," Ligowe added.
More Madonna News
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?