Madonna Was Granted An Interim Order to Adopt A Malawian Baby Boy
It's official, Madonna filed for adoption. The pop superstar and husband Guy Ritchie were granted an interim order to adopt a one-year-old boy from the impoverished African country Malawi, a senior court official said on Thursday Oct 12th.
The singer took custody of a motherless 1-year-old boy from Malawi named David Banda. Reports on the adoption was confirmed by the child's father, a Malawi village chief, the director of the orphanage, and the secretary for the Ministry for Gender and Child Welfare among others, while there has yet any official statement released by the London-based singer.
"Madonna and the husband filed their papers for an interim order this morning (Oct 12th) at Lilongwe High Court, and the judge gave the ruling at 2 p.m. this afternoon," deputy registrar Thomson Ligowe told Reuters. She "was granted an interim order to adopt the child, which means that there's going to be a subsequent hearing by the same court to either allow her to adopt the child or not. This also means that she has been put on observer status to see how she will relate to the child, and people from social welfare will have to observe that. The court will depend upon their observations to make a final decision," Ligowe added.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'