Madonna Was Granted An Interim Order to Adopt A Malawian Baby Boy
It's official, Madonna filed for adoption. The pop superstar and husband Guy Ritchie were granted an interim order to adopt a one-year-old boy from the impoverished African country Malawi, a senior court official said on Thursday Oct 12th.
The singer took custody of a motherless 1-year-old boy from Malawi named David Banda. Reports on the adoption was confirmed by the child's father, a Malawi village chief, the director of the orphanage, and the secretary for the Ministry for Gender and Child Welfare among others, while there has yet any official statement released by the London-based singer.
"Madonna and the husband filed their papers for an interim order this morning (Oct 12th) at Lilongwe High Court, and the judge gave the ruling at 2 p.m. this afternoon," deputy registrar Thomson Ligowe told Reuters. She "was granted an interim order to adopt the child, which means that there's going to be a subsequent hearing by the same court to either allow her to adopt the child or not. This also means that she has been put on observer status to see how she will relate to the child, and people from social welfare will have to observe that. The court will depend upon their observations to make a final decision," Ligowe added.
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors