Weekend U.S. Pop Album Charts of October 8, 2006
It's no longer Ludacris on the top spot of the US pop album charts. Evanescence, in fact, is the one leads the pack in busy album release week, jumps straight in at number one in the Billboard 200 with their new album "The Open Door" sold 447,000 copies during the week ended October 8th.
Aside from the attainment, "The Open Door" also is claimed as the 700th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 since the magazine started its weekly chart 50 years ago. The set, what's more, also marks the rock band's first No. 1 on the Billboard 200. The Killers' second album "Sam's Town" comes next at No. 2, sold 315,000 copies.
In the meantime, George Strait scores his 30th chart entry with "It Just Comes Natural," which debuts at No. 3 with 232,000. Tony Bennett's "Duets: An American Classic" slips one place to No. 4, taking in another 128,000 copies. Former chart-topper Justin Timberlake's "FutureSex/LoveSounds" is No. 5 for a second week with 116,000 copies.
Last week's champ, Ludacris' "Release Therapy" falls to No. 6 with 113,000, ahead of Beck's new album "The Information" at No. 7 with 99,000 copies and Monica's fourth album, "The Makings of Me" bows at No. 8 with 93,000. Janet Jackson's "20 Y.O." tumbles seven places to No. 9 with 77,000 copies in its second week, while Oklahoma hard rock band Hinder's "Extreme Behavior" holds at No. 10 with 76,000.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?