Akon Turning His Life Into Biopic
Akon has more than music to tell his fans. The R&B star has so far lived such a complicated yet interesting life which he is about to turn into hard-hitting new biopic.
Titled "Illegal Alien", the set will follow Akon's early upbringing in Africa. And for the sake of his new project, the hit maker reportedly is already lining up "8 Mile" star Mekhi Phifer to play him on screen.
Akon was born and raised in Senegal before his family moved to New Jersey, where he fell in love with urban music, as well as being attracted to crime.
"If people really knew my story, they'd be looking at me a whole other way. It's like City Of God, Menace II Society and Ray all in one movie", so he said on his forthcoming biopic. "I am from a whole other culture. There's a lot of good things in it and a lot of bad things."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival