Baby's Father Claimed Madonna Adopted His Son
Rumors are abuzz that Madonna does adopt a child, a boy whose mother died a month after childbirth. While the pop superstar remained tongue-tied, father of the adopted kid just can't shut up, claiming Madonna and hubby Guy Ritchie have adopted his one-year-old son.
Yohame Banda, a Malawian father, told reporters that his 13-month-old son, David, had been adopted by a "famous U.S. musician." Further the man told Britain's Sun and Daily Mail, "I'm very happy. As you can see, there is poverty in my village. I know he will be very happy in America. We are told David will be coming back regularly to his roots."
Banda revealed further that his wife Marita died a month after the baby's birth from childbirth complications and the child had been cared for at the Home of Hope Orphan Care Center in Mchinji, a village near the Zambian border. He has not met the Hollywood couple, but was notified of the adoption by the Reverend Thompson John Chipeta, the director of the care center.
Madonna herself has made no public comment since her arrival. Meanwhile, her representative simply said "At this time, we are unable to give you official confirmation. We may have an official statement within 48 hours."
More Madonna News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7