R&B Star R. Kelly Sued Over Song, Alleged Beating
R. Kelly's legal woes continue to mount as he's been sued by a man who describes himself as Kelly's former "mentor and guide," accusing the star of attacking him and also failing to honor a financial agreement.
In his lawsuit filed Wednesday Oct 4th, Henry "Love" Vaughn alleges that in February he went to Kelly's home in Olympia Fields to watch a basketball game, when one of Kelly's other employees became "verbally abusive." The singer then dragged Vaughn to the basement, where he claims he was attacked and held against his will.
Vaughn, furthermore, also claims Kelly owes him money for the concept of the song "Step in the Name of Love," for which the R&B star promised to give him half the proceeds from the song.
And while local police investigated the alleged attack, no charges were filed. As of Kelly's side, a representative for him said Wednesday that Vaughn is a "disgruntled former employee and hanger-on" who is using the lawsuit to extort money from the singer. "In fact, his lawsuit is a pathetic collection of half-truths, distortions, and outright lies," the representative added.
Vaughn's suit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and court costs.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'