R&B Star R. Kelly Sued Over Song, Alleged Beating
R. Kelly's legal woes continue to mount as he's been sued by a man who describes himself as Kelly's former "mentor and guide," accusing the star of attacking him and also failing to honor a financial agreement.
In his lawsuit filed Wednesday Oct 4th, Henry "Love" Vaughn alleges that in February he went to Kelly's home in Olympia Fields to watch a basketball game, when one of Kelly's other employees became "verbally abusive." The singer then dragged Vaughn to the basement, where he claims he was attacked and held against his will.
Vaughn, furthermore, also claims Kelly owes him money for the concept of the song "Step in the Name of Love," for which the R&B star promised to give him half the proceeds from the song.
And while local police investigated the alleged attack, no charges were filed. As of Kelly's side, a representative for him said Wednesday that Vaughn is a "disgruntled former employee and hanger-on" who is using the lawsuit to extort money from the singer. "In fact, his lawsuit is a pathetic collection of half-truths, distortions, and outright lies," the representative added.
Vaughn's suit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and court costs.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance