R&B Star R. Kelly Sued Over Song, Alleged Beating
R. Kelly's legal woes continue to mount as he's been sued by a man who describes himself as Kelly's former "mentor and guide," accusing the star of attacking him and also failing to honor a financial agreement.
In his lawsuit filed Wednesday Oct 4th, Henry "Love" Vaughn alleges that in February he went to Kelly's home in Olympia Fields to watch a basketball game, when one of Kelly's other employees became "verbally abusive." The singer then dragged Vaughn to the basement, where he claims he was attacked and held against his will.
Vaughn, furthermore, also claims Kelly owes him money for the concept of the song "Step in the Name of Love," for which the R&B star promised to give him half the proceeds from the song.
And while local police investigated the alleged attack, no charges were filed. As of Kelly's side, a representative for him said Wednesday that Vaughn is a "disgruntled former employee and hanger-on" who is using the lawsuit to extort money from the singer. "In fact, his lawsuit is a pathetic collection of half-truths, distortions, and outright lies," the representative added.
Vaughn's suit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and court costs.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!