R&B Star R. Kelly Sued Over Song, Alleged Beating
R. Kelly's legal woes continue to mount as he's been sued by a man who describes himself as Kelly's former "mentor and guide," accusing the star of attacking him and also failing to honor a financial agreement.
In his lawsuit filed Wednesday Oct 4th, Henry "Love" Vaughn alleges that in February he went to Kelly's home in Olympia Fields to watch a basketball game, when one of Kelly's other employees became "verbally abusive." The singer then dragged Vaughn to the basement, where he claims he was attacked and held against his will.
Vaughn, furthermore, also claims Kelly owes him money for the concept of the song "Step in the Name of Love," for which the R&B star promised to give him half the proceeds from the song.
And while local police investigated the alleged attack, no charges were filed. As of Kelly's side, a representative for him said Wednesday that Vaughn is a "disgruntled former employee and hanger-on" who is using the lawsuit to extort money from the singer. "In fact, his lawsuit is a pathetic collection of half-truths, distortions, and outright lies," the representative added.
Vaughn's suit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and court costs.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed