R&B Star R. Kelly Sued Over Song, Alleged Beating
R. Kelly's legal woes continue to mount as he's been sued by a man who describes himself as Kelly's former "mentor and guide," accusing the star of attacking him and also failing to honor a financial agreement.
In his lawsuit filed Wednesday Oct 4th, Henry "Love" Vaughn alleges that in February he went to Kelly's home in Olympia Fields to watch a basketball game, when one of Kelly's other employees became "verbally abusive." The singer then dragged Vaughn to the basement, where he claims he was attacked and held against his will.
Vaughn, furthermore, also claims Kelly owes him money for the concept of the song "Step in the Name of Love," for which the R&B star promised to give him half the proceeds from the song.
And while local police investigated the alleged attack, no charges were filed. As of Kelly's side, a representative for him said Wednesday that Vaughn is a "disgruntled former employee and hanger-on" who is using the lawsuit to extort money from the singer. "In fact, his lawsuit is a pathetic collection of half-truths, distortions, and outright lies," the representative added.
Vaughn's suit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages and court costs.
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die