Ellen Page Buzzing Around "Juno"
Making a turn into comedy genre, teen star Ellen Page has reached a deal to take part in a coming-of-age comedic feature entitled "Juno", Variety has reported. Along with her, Michael Cera of "Arrested Development" fame has also been signed to the project.
Coming under direction of "Thank You for Smoking" helmer Jason Reitman, Page will play the title character, a quick-witted teenager faced with an unplanned pregnancy while Cera is billed as her loyal best friend who is responsible for her pregnancy.
Production is slated to start early next year with Diablo Cody writing the script. Mandate Pictures's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane are executive producing alongside Dan Dubiecki while Mason Novick, Lianne Halfon, and Russell Smith are seating as producers. Jim Miller, Reitman's producing partner at Hard C, will co-produce.
Page, a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, received rave reviews earlier this year for her performance in "Hard Candy" opposite Patrick Wilson. She is last seen playing Kitty Pryde in the third installment of "X-Men" film franchise, "X-Men: The Last Stand", which has grossed over $230 million in domestic market only.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung