Ellen Page Buzzing Around "Juno"
Making a turn into comedy genre, teen star Ellen Page has reached a deal to take part in a coming-of-age comedic feature entitled "Juno", Variety has reported. Along with her, Michael Cera of "Arrested Development" fame has also been signed to the project.
Coming under direction of "Thank You for Smoking" helmer Jason Reitman, Page will play the title character, a quick-witted teenager faced with an unplanned pregnancy while Cera is billed as her loyal best friend who is responsible for her pregnancy.
Production is slated to start early next year with Diablo Cody writing the script. Mandate Pictures's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane are executive producing alongside Dan Dubiecki while Mason Novick, Lianne Halfon, and Russell Smith are seating as producers. Jim Miller, Reitman's producing partner at Hard C, will co-produce.
Page, a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, received rave reviews earlier this year for her performance in "Hard Candy" opposite Patrick Wilson. She is last seen playing Kitty Pryde in the third installment of "X-Men" film franchise, "X-Men: The Last Stand", which has grossed over $230 million in domestic market only.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie