Ellen Page Buzzing Around "Juno"
Making a turn into comedy genre, teen star Ellen Page has reached a deal to take part in a coming-of-age comedic feature entitled "Juno", Variety has reported. Along with her, Michael Cera of "Arrested Development" fame has also been signed to the project.
Coming under direction of "Thank You for Smoking" helmer Jason Reitman, Page will play the title character, a quick-witted teenager faced with an unplanned pregnancy while Cera is billed as her loyal best friend who is responsible for her pregnancy.
Production is slated to start early next year with Diablo Cody writing the script. Mandate Pictures's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane are executive producing alongside Dan Dubiecki while Mason Novick, Lianne Halfon, and Russell Smith are seating as producers. Jim Miller, Reitman's producing partner at Hard C, will co-produce.
Page, a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, received rave reviews earlier this year for her performance in "Hard Candy" opposite Patrick Wilson. She is last seen playing Kitty Pryde in the third installment of "X-Men" film franchise, "X-Men: The Last Stand", which has grossed over $230 million in domestic market only.
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online