Ellen Page Buzzing Around "Juno"
Making a turn into comedy genre, teen star Ellen Page has reached a deal to take part in a coming-of-age comedic feature entitled "Juno", Variety has reported. Along with her, Michael Cera of "Arrested Development" fame has also been signed to the project.
Coming under direction of "Thank You for Smoking" helmer Jason Reitman, Page will play the title character, a quick-witted teenager faced with an unplanned pregnancy while Cera is billed as her loyal best friend who is responsible for her pregnancy.
Production is slated to start early next year with Diablo Cody writing the script. Mandate Pictures's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane are executive producing alongside Dan Dubiecki while Mason Novick, Lianne Halfon, and Russell Smith are seating as producers. Jim Miller, Reitman's producing partner at Hard C, will co-produce.
Page, a native of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, received rave reviews earlier this year for her performance in "Hard Candy" opposite Patrick Wilson. She is last seen playing Kitty Pryde in the third installment of "X-Men" film franchise, "X-Men: The Last Stand", which has grossed over $230 million in domestic market only.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars