Film Movement Encircles "Simple Curve"
Film Movement gets a real deal for sure. The company has successfully secured the rights to distribute "A Simple Curve", an acclaimed Canadian family drama which has been nominated for DGC Team Award in Outstanding Feature Film category by Directors Guild of Canada this year.
Pic is both written and directed by Aubrey Nealon who previously carried out the same duty in his 1998 work of "House Arrest" and 2003's "Abe Manhood." Meanwhile, cast includes Kris Lemche, Michael Hogan, Matt Craven, Sarah Lind, and Ben Cotton.
As for the story, the movie concerns about a twenty-something guy named Caleb, played by Lemche, who has different view from his father in developing their small carpentry shop. The tension between them reaches a boiling point when Caleb's longtime buddy Matthew returns to the town to open an upscale fishing lodge.
A film distributor of independent and foreign films, Film Movement was established in 2003 and so far has released films from 24 countries, notably those of "Long Life, Happiness and Prosperity" starring Sandra Oh and "The Party's Over" starring Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!