Film Movement Encircles "Simple Curve"
Film Movement gets a real deal for sure. The company has successfully secured the rights to distribute "A Simple Curve", an acclaimed Canadian family drama which has been nominated for DGC Team Award in Outstanding Feature Film category by Directors Guild of Canada this year.
Pic is both written and directed by Aubrey Nealon who previously carried out the same duty in his 1998 work of "House Arrest" and 2003's "Abe Manhood." Meanwhile, cast includes Kris Lemche, Michael Hogan, Matt Craven, Sarah Lind, and Ben Cotton.
As for the story, the movie concerns about a twenty-something guy named Caleb, played by Lemche, who has different view from his father in developing their small carpentry shop. The tension between them reaches a boiling point when Caleb's longtime buddy Matthew returns to the town to open an upscale fishing lodge.
A film distributor of independent and foreign films, Film Movement was established in 2003 and so far has released films from 24 countries, notably those of "Long Life, Happiness and Prosperity" starring Sandra Oh and "The Party's Over" starring Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date