More Lured to "Spiderwick" Web
A bunch of bright talents are going towards "The Spiderwick Chronicles." The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that names like Nick Nolte, Martin Short, Mary-Louise Parker, and Joan Plowright are currently in talks to take part in the project while Izabella Miko and Andrew McCarthy have already been included in the lineup.
If everything goes smooth, both Nolte and Short will work together to voice a couple of otherworldly characters named Mulgrath and Thimbletack/Bogart, respectively. Meanwhile, Parker will be the mother of children who become the primary characters in the story and Ploywright the kids' aunt who is thought to be crazy for being able to see the creatures.
Based on the best-selling fantasy books of the same title by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi, "Spiderwick" follows the adventure of twin brothers Jared and Simon along with their sister Mallory as they uncover a world of fairies and other creatures. Teen actor Freddie Highmore has already been cast as the twins while "In America" star Sarah Bolger is billed to play the sister.
Set to be distributed by Paramount Pictures, pic is a joint production of Nickelodeon Movies, Atmosphere Entertainment MM, and the Gotham Group. Production of the film is under way in Montreal with Mark Waters directing based on script penned by John Sayles. Mark Canton, Albie Hecht, Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, and Kathleen Kennedy are all serving as producers.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic