More Lured to "Spiderwick" Web
A bunch of bright talents are going towards "The Spiderwick Chronicles." The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that names like Nick Nolte, Martin Short, Mary-Louise Parker, and Joan Plowright are currently in talks to take part in the project while Izabella Miko and Andrew McCarthy have already been included in the lineup.
If everything goes smooth, both Nolte and Short will work together to voice a couple of otherworldly characters named Mulgrath and Thimbletack/Bogart, respectively. Meanwhile, Parker will be the mother of children who become the primary characters in the story and Ploywright the kids' aunt who is thought to be crazy for being able to see the creatures.
Based on the best-selling fantasy books of the same title by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi, "Spiderwick" follows the adventure of twin brothers Jared and Simon along with their sister Mallory as they uncover a world of fairies and other creatures. Teen actor Freddie Highmore has already been cast as the twins while "In America" star Sarah Bolger is billed to play the sister.
Set to be distributed by Paramount Pictures, pic is a joint production of Nickelodeon Movies, Atmosphere Entertainment MM, and the Gotham Group. Production of the film is under way in Montreal with Mark Waters directing based on script penned by John Sayles. Mark Canton, Albie Hecht, Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, and Kathleen Kennedy are all serving as producers.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary