Weekend U.S Box Office of Sept 29-Oct 1, 2006
The glory of animation is back, thanks to "Open Season." Striving high with $23 million it has collected after opening on Friday, September 29, the flick delightfully has claimed the top position for weekend box office ended October 1, 2006, one notch above fellow newcomer "The Guardian."
Though failed to beat out the CG animated feature, the Touchstone Pictures production scores great enough on the chart as it managed to draw $18 million into its pocket, besting the last-week champ "Jackass: Number Two" which this time managed to generate another $14.6 million to make a total domestic gross of $52 million so far.
Rounding up the top five of the list are another new release "School for Scoundrels" on the fourth rank and last-week runner up "Fearless" on the fifth with $8.6 million and $4.9 million, respectively.
Columbia's inspiring sports movie "Gridiron Gang" comes up behind to take down number six after making its way to earn $4.5 million followed by Yari Film Group's "The Illusionist" which remains on the seventh spot with $2.7 million. The rest positions lined up in order to number ten go to "Flyboys" with $2.3 million, "The Black Dahlia" with $2.1 million, and "Little Miss Sunshine" with $1.9 million.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier