New Line to Develop Comedic Flick for Ice Cube
New Line Cinema is giving Ice Cube a special treatment. The giant film company has successfully obtained a comedy pitch for the actor's starring vehicle, Variety has learned.
Still not yet titled, the project is said to bill Cube as a social climber whose aspirations are threatened as a young boy suddenly shows up and calls him daddy. Richard Murphy has been tapped to write the script with Tracy Underwood producing.
A subsidiary of Time Warner, New Line was established in 1967 and has grown to be one of the ten major Hollywood movie studios, culminating in the hit "The Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.
As for Cube, the actor, who is also known as a rapper, is currently filming "Are We Done Yet?", the sequel to his 2005 hit "Are We There Yet?." His past movie credits include "Next Friday", "All About the Benjamins", "Torque", and "XXX: State of the Union."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance