New Line to Develop Comedic Flick for Ice Cube
New Line Cinema is giving Ice Cube a special treatment. The giant film company has successfully obtained a comedy pitch for the actor's starring vehicle, Variety has learned.
Still not yet titled, the project is said to bill Cube as a social climber whose aspirations are threatened as a young boy suddenly shows up and calls him daddy. Richard Murphy has been tapped to write the script with Tracy Underwood producing.
A subsidiary of Time Warner, New Line was established in 1967 and has grown to be one of the ten major Hollywood movie studios, culminating in the hit "The Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.
As for Cube, the actor, who is also known as a rapper, is currently filming "Are We Done Yet?", the sequel to his 2005 hit "Are We There Yet?." His past movie credits include "Next Friday", "All About the Benjamins", "Torque", and "XXX: State of the Union."
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...