New Line to Develop Comedic Flick for Ice Cube
New Line Cinema is giving Ice Cube a special treatment. The giant film company has successfully obtained a comedy pitch for the actor's starring vehicle, Variety has learned.
Still not yet titled, the project is said to bill Cube as a social climber whose aspirations are threatened as a young boy suddenly shows up and calls him daddy. Richard Murphy has been tapped to write the script with Tracy Underwood producing.
A subsidiary of Time Warner, New Line was established in 1967 and has grown to be one of the ten major Hollywood movie studios, culminating in the hit "The Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.
As for Cube, the actor, who is also known as a rapper, is currently filming "Are We Done Yet?", the sequel to his 2005 hit "Are We There Yet?." His past movie credits include "Next Friday", "All About the Benjamins", "Torque", and "XXX: State of the Union."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves