New Line to Develop Comedic Flick for Ice Cube
New Line Cinema is giving Ice Cube a special treatment. The giant film company has successfully obtained a comedy pitch for the actor's starring vehicle, Variety has learned.
Still not yet titled, the project is said to bill Cube as a social climber whose aspirations are threatened as a young boy suddenly shows up and calls him daddy. Richard Murphy has been tapped to write the script with Tracy Underwood producing.
A subsidiary of Time Warner, New Line was established in 1967 and has grown to be one of the ten major Hollywood movie studios, culminating in the hit "The Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.
As for Cube, the actor, who is also known as a rapper, is currently filming "Are We Done Yet?", the sequel to his 2005 hit "Are We There Yet?." His past movie credits include "Next Friday", "All About the Benjamins", "Torque", and "XXX: State of the Union."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift