New Line to Develop Comedic Flick for Ice Cube
New Line Cinema is giving Ice Cube a special treatment. The giant film company has successfully obtained a comedy pitch for the actor's starring vehicle, Variety has learned.
Still not yet titled, the project is said to bill Cube as a social climber whose aspirations are threatened as a young boy suddenly shows up and calls him daddy. Richard Murphy has been tapped to write the script with Tracy Underwood producing.
A subsidiary of Time Warner, New Line was established in 1967 and has grown to be one of the ten major Hollywood movie studios, culminating in the hit "The Lord of the Rings" film trilogy.
As for Cube, the actor, who is also known as a rapper, is currently filming "Are We Done Yet?", the sequel to his 2005 hit "Are We There Yet?." His past movie credits include "Next Friday", "All About the Benjamins", "Torque", and "XXX: State of the Union."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding