Robert Downey Jr. Donning "Iron Man" Armor
Finally, it is decided. Ain't It Cool News has reported that Robert Downey Jr. has landed the coveted role of the titular hero in "Iron Man", ending the questions and speculations that have been circulating around lately on the matter.
Based on Marvel's iconic superhero, the picture will take focus on a billionaire weapons-manufacturer, Tony Stark, who equips himself with a high-tech suit of armor to fight against evil on a global scale as Iron Man. Filming is slated to begin in February 2007 with Jon Favreau helming and Art Marcum, Matt Holloway, Mark Fergus, plus Hawk Ostby writing the script.
The first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment, "Iron Man" originally was developed under New Line Cinema with Nick Cassavetes to direct. However, the company in the end decided to return the film rights to Marvel after two years of unsuccessful development and the departure of Cassavetes from the project.
Downey Jr., best known for his role in "Chaplin", has acted in more than 45 screen features since he made his foray into entertainment industry in 1970. Some of his recent film credits include "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang", "Good Night And Good Luck", and "A Scanner Darkly."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!