Robert Downey Jr. Donning "Iron Man" Armor
Finally, it is decided. Ain't It Cool News has reported that Robert Downey Jr. has landed the coveted role of the titular hero in "Iron Man", ending the questions and speculations that have been circulating around lately on the matter.
Based on Marvel's iconic superhero, the picture will take focus on a billionaire weapons-manufacturer, Tony Stark, who equips himself with a high-tech suit of armor to fight against evil on a global scale as Iron Man. Filming is slated to begin in February 2007 with Jon Favreau helming and Art Marcum, Matt Holloway, Mark Fergus, plus Hawk Ostby writing the script.
The first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment, "Iron Man" originally was developed under New Line Cinema with Nick Cassavetes to direct. However, the company in the end decided to return the film rights to Marvel after two years of unsuccessful development and the departure of Cassavetes from the project.
Downey Jr., best known for his role in "Chaplin", has acted in more than 45 screen features since he made his foray into entertainment industry in 1970. Some of his recent film credits include "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang", "Good Night And Good Luck", and "A Scanner Darkly."
More Iron Man News
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win