Wes Craven Ready to Hatch New Horror Flick
Wes Craven is back to his field of expertise. The Cleveland-born filmmaker has just landed deal with Rogue Pictures to both write and direct a new horror picture for the company, Variety has reported.
Eyeing to start production by next spring, Craven has eagerly revealed a bit tidbit about the untitled project. "It is rooted in the supernatural with a 16-year old central character, but it's more 'Sixth Sense' than a slasher film," so he said.
Last noticed directing "Red Eye" for DreamWorks SKG, Craven has also been reported to have successfully established Midnight Pictures, a Rogue-based company that is intended to be the home for horror films with budgets under $15 million. The first production under its banner will be the remake feature "The Last House on the Left" which was bought last month by Rogue co-presidents Andrew Karpen and Andrew Rona.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos