Wes Craven Ready to Hatch New Horror Flick
Wes Craven is back to his field of expertise. The Cleveland-born filmmaker has just landed deal with Rogue Pictures to both write and direct a new horror picture for the company, Variety has reported.
Eyeing to start production by next spring, Craven has eagerly revealed a bit tidbit about the untitled project. "It is rooted in the supernatural with a 16-year old central character, but it's more 'Sixth Sense' than a slasher film," so he said.
Last noticed directing "Red Eye" for DreamWorks SKG, Craven has also been reported to have successfully established Midnight Pictures, a Rogue-based company that is intended to be the home for horror films with budgets under $15 million. The first production under its banner will be the remake feature "The Last House on the Left" which was bought last month by Rogue co-presidents Andrew Karpen and Andrew Rona.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton