Wes Craven Ready to Hatch New Horror Flick
Wes Craven is back to his field of expertise. The Cleveland-born filmmaker has just landed deal with Rogue Pictures to both write and direct a new horror picture for the company, Variety has reported.
Eyeing to start production by next spring, Craven has eagerly revealed a bit tidbit about the untitled project. "It is rooted in the supernatural with a 16-year old central character, but it's more 'Sixth Sense' than a slasher film," so he said.
Last noticed directing "Red Eye" for DreamWorks SKG, Craven has also been reported to have successfully established Midnight Pictures, a Rogue-based company that is intended to be the home for horror films with budgets under $15 million. The first production under its banner will be the remake feature "The Last House on the Left" which was bought last month by Rogue co-presidents Andrew Karpen and Andrew Rona.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date