September 28, 2016  

Wes Craven Ready to Hatch New Horror Flick

September 29, 2006 (6:48 am) GMT
Wes Craven is set to both write and direct a new horror feature under Rogue Pictures.

Wes Craven is back to his field of expertise. The Cleveland-born filmmaker has just landed deal with Rogue Pictures to both write and direct a new horror picture for the company, Variety has reported.

Eyeing to start production by next spring, Craven has eagerly revealed a bit tidbit about the untitled project. "It is rooted in the supernatural with a 16-year old central character, but it's more 'Sixth Sense' than a slasher film," so he said.

Last noticed directing "" for DreamWorks SKG, Craven has also been reported to have successfully established Midnight Pictures, a Rogue-based company that is intended to be the home for horror films with budgets under $15 million. The first production under its banner will be the remake feature "" which was bought last month by Rogue co-presidents Andrew Karpen and Andrew Rona.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
  2. Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
  3. Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
  4. Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
  5. 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
  6. Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
  7. New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
  8. The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos