Terrell Owens Claims Reports on Suicide Attempt Are Absurd
Rumors are swirling on Terrell Owens, the Dallas Cowboys receiver, trying to kill himself. The athlete was hospitalized Tuesday night September 26th after he had an allergic reaction to a mixture of medication for a broken ring finger and supplements he takes daily.
It is said that Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication and even told his friend "that he was depressed." However, the NFL star and his publicist, Kim Etheredge, denied the reports during an afternoon news conference in Irving, Texas, saying "There was no suicide attempt".
"Rumors of me taking 35 pills are absurd", Owens added. "I took some extra pills with my supplement. The list is too long to tell you everything I take." During the same time, he additionally also denied a statement said he was depressed. "No, I'm not depressed by any means. I'm very happy to be here. I'm here to help the team get on a roll."
And subsequent to the incident, Owens said to feel "very capable of going and playing Sunday."
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC