Paris Hilton Charged with DUI
No stranger to polemics, Paris Hilton once again becomes a hot commodity in Hollywood as she's been formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
The hotel heiress was charged Tuesday Sept 26th with two misdemeanors, driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 or higher.
The actress singer was scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 28 in Superior Court, but is not required to appear at the arraignment.
Paris was arrested on Sept. 7 shortly before 12:30 a.m. for "driving erratically". She's been driving her silver Mercedes-Benz SLR in Hollywood, took a Breathalyzer test showing her blood alcohol level to be 0.08, the minimum required for a DUI arrest in California.
She, however, claims only had one margarita during the evening in question, insisting she was driving a little too fast because she was "starving" and just wanted an In-N-Out burger.
More Paris Hilton News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album