Paris Hilton Charged with DUI
No stranger to polemics, Paris Hilton once again becomes a hot commodity in Hollywood as she's been formally charged with driving under the influence (DUI).
The hotel heiress was charged Tuesday Sept 26th with two misdemeanors, driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 or higher.
The actress singer was scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 28 in Superior Court, but is not required to appear at the arraignment.
Paris was arrested on Sept. 7 shortly before 12:30 a.m. for "driving erratically". She's been driving her silver Mercedes-Benz SLR in Hollywood, took a Breathalyzer test showing her blood alcohol level to be 0.08, the minimum required for a DUI arrest in California.
She, however, claims only had one margarita during the evening in question, insisting she was driving a little too fast because she was "starving" and just wanted an In-N-Out burger.
More Paris Hilton News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'