Rob Schneider Hunting "Medicine Fish"
Jumping into fantasy genre, funnyman Rob Schneider has reached a deal to take a starring role in an independent feature of "Juliana and the Medicine Fish." The SNL alumnus is billed as a father who tries to save his troubled fishing lodge as well as his relationship with his 12-year-old daughter, who discovers an ancient secret in the waters near the lodge.
Expected to start shooting this week in Lake of the Woods, Manitoba, Canada, the project is an adaptation of the book written by Jake MacDonald. Jeremy Torrie in on duty to both direct and pen the script, the latter being carried out together with MacDonald. The man will also serve as producer alongside Tanya Brunel via their High Definition Pictures with Schneider's brother, John Schneider, executive producing.
Initially developed his path as a stand up comedian, Schneider has just wrapped up production on the prison comedy "Big Stan" which also marks his directorial debut. Some of his film credits are "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo", "The Animal", "50 First Dates", "Grandma's Boy", and "The Benchwarmers."
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper