Rob Schneider Hunting "Medicine Fish"
Jumping into fantasy genre, funnyman Rob Schneider has reached a deal to take a starring role in an independent feature of "Juliana and the Medicine Fish." The SNL alumnus is billed as a father who tries to save his troubled fishing lodge as well as his relationship with his 12-year-old daughter, who discovers an ancient secret in the waters near the lodge.
Expected to start shooting this week in Lake of the Woods, Manitoba, Canada, the project is an adaptation of the book written by Jake MacDonald. Jeremy Torrie in on duty to both direct and pen the script, the latter being carried out together with MacDonald. The man will also serve as producer alongside Tanya Brunel via their High Definition Pictures with Schneider's brother, John Schneider, executive producing.
Initially developed his path as a stand up comedian, Schneider has just wrapped up production on the prison comedy "Big Stan" which also marks his directorial debut. Some of his film credits are "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo", "The Animal", "50 First Dates", "Grandma's Boy", and "The Benchwarmers."
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5