Rob Schneider Hunting "Medicine Fish"
Jumping into fantasy genre, funnyman Rob Schneider has reached a deal to take a starring role in an independent feature of "Juliana and the Medicine Fish." The SNL alumnus is billed as a father who tries to save his troubled fishing lodge as well as his relationship with his 12-year-old daughter, who discovers an ancient secret in the waters near the lodge.
Expected to start shooting this week in Lake of the Woods, Manitoba, Canada, the project is an adaptation of the book written by Jake MacDonald. Jeremy Torrie in on duty to both direct and pen the script, the latter being carried out together with MacDonald. The man will also serve as producer alongside Tanya Brunel via their High Definition Pictures with Schneider's brother, John Schneider, executive producing.
Initially developed his path as a stand up comedian, Schneider has just wrapped up production on the prison comedy "Big Stan" which also marks his directorial debut. Some of his film credits are "Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo", "The Animal", "50 First Dates", "Grandma's Boy", and "The Benchwarmers."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival