Cate Blanchett Becomes the "Vixen"
Adding up another acting stint in her burgeoning resume, Cate Blanchett has been confirmed to take part in a biopic feature entitled "Cancer Vixen: A True Story", an adaptation of Marisa Acocella Marchetto's upcoming memoir of the same name.
Written by Marchetto herself, who works as a cartoonist fashionista for Glamour and the New Yorker, the book tells about a phase in her life in which she got diagnosed with breast cancer in the middle of her wedding plan and then realized that she had let her health insurance lapse. Blanchett is eyeing to serve as producer alongside her husband, Andrew Upton, and is currently engaged in negotiations with Working Title Films, the production company of the project.
Hailed from Australia, Blanchett first started her career on screen in late '80s and received an Oscar last year for best supporting actress category through "The Aviator." Her next film feature "Babel", in which she stars opposite Brad Pitt, will open in theaters on November 10 this year.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers