Cate Blanchett Becomes the "Vixen"
Adding up another acting stint in her burgeoning resume, Cate Blanchett has been confirmed to take part in a biopic feature entitled "Cancer Vixen: A True Story", an adaptation of Marisa Acocella Marchetto's upcoming memoir of the same name.
Written by Marchetto herself, who works as a cartoonist fashionista for Glamour and the New Yorker, the book tells about a phase in her life in which she got diagnosed with breast cancer in the middle of her wedding plan and then realized that she had let her health insurance lapse. Blanchett is eyeing to serve as producer alongside her husband, Andrew Upton, and is currently engaged in negotiations with Working Title Films, the production company of the project.
Hailed from Australia, Blanchett first started her career on screen in late '80s and received an Oscar last year for best supporting actress category through "The Aviator." Her next film feature "Babel", in which she stars opposite Brad Pitt, will open in theaters on November 10 this year.
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville