Cate Blanchett Becomes the "Vixen"
Adding up another acting stint in her burgeoning resume, Cate Blanchett has been confirmed to take part in a biopic feature entitled "Cancer Vixen: A True Story", an adaptation of Marisa Acocella Marchetto's upcoming memoir of the same name.
Written by Marchetto herself, who works as a cartoonist fashionista for Glamour and the New Yorker, the book tells about a phase in her life in which she got diagnosed with breast cancer in the middle of her wedding plan and then realized that she had let her health insurance lapse. Blanchett is eyeing to serve as producer alongside her husband, Andrew Upton, and is currently engaged in negotiations with Working Title Films, the production company of the project.
Hailed from Australia, Blanchett first started her career on screen in late '80s and received an Oscar last year for best supporting actress category through "The Aviator." Her next film feature "Babel", in which she stars opposite Brad Pitt, will open in theaters on November 10 this year.
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash