Cate Blanchett Becomes the "Vixen"
Adding up another acting stint in her burgeoning resume, Cate Blanchett has been confirmed to take part in a biopic feature entitled "Cancer Vixen: A True Story", an adaptation of Marisa Acocella Marchetto's upcoming memoir of the same name.
Written by Marchetto herself, who works as a cartoonist fashionista for Glamour and the New Yorker, the book tells about a phase in her life in which she got diagnosed with breast cancer in the middle of her wedding plan and then realized that she had let her health insurance lapse. Blanchett is eyeing to serve as producer alongside her husband, Andrew Upton, and is currently engaged in negotiations with Working Title Films, the production company of the project.
Hailed from Australia, Blanchett first started her career on screen in late '80s and received an Oscar last year for best supporting actress category through "The Aviator." Her next film feature "Babel", in which she stars opposite Brad Pitt, will open in theaters on November 10 this year.
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free