"Pirates" Assumed to Remain Unbeatable Overseas
Seems it's still hard enough for others to break "Pirates" domination overseas.
For the eleventh time, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" again takes the lead on the international box office after satisfyingly collected $7.6 million from 36 territories during its weekend run based on studio estimates Sunday, September 24.
Subsequently making a total foreign gross of $625.6 million, this Disney's swashbuckler therefore becomes the fourth-biggest overseas movie ever, overthrowing 2002's "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" from the slot. With this result, expectations are high for the flick to snatch the third rank from "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" which has scored total overseas sum of $658 million.
Number two for the weekend goes to Oliver Stone's 9/11 drama of "World Trade Center" after it successfully earned an estimated $6.1 million from 11 markets followed by "Little Man" with an estimated $5 million it has garnered from 31 territories.
Coming behind the Wayans brothers' comedy is last-week runner-up "Cars" which made its way to add another $4.7 million from 27 markets in its 15th weekend internationally, lifting up its overseas total to $200.1 million to claim itself one of seven movies to pass the double-century mark this year. Next is Universal's "You, Me and Dupree" with an estimated $4.4 million from 24 territories to round up the top five of the weekend foreign box-office list ended September 24, 2006.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off