Tony Leondis Glued to "Igor"
Exodus Film Group has truly landed a big deal this time. The company has successfully brought award-winning animation veteran Tony Leondis in to direct its CG animated project of "Igor", president John D. Eraklis announced. Leondis, whose writing credits include Disney's "Home on the Range" and "DreamWorks'" The Prince of Egypt", won an Annie Award last year for Best Home Entertainment Production through DisneyToon Studios' "Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch."
Responding to Leondis' inclusion, the film's executive producer Max Howard openly expressed his excitement. "Tony's diverse creative talents are a perfect match for 'Igor,'" so he commented. "His vast arrays of animation experience as a writer, director and storyboard artist are key ingredients to making the film a success."
Developed as a comedic feature which brings a new twist to the classic monster genre, "Igor" presents a premise of a mad scientist's lab assistant who aspires to become a great scientist in his own right and win the first prize at the annual Evil Science fair. Voice cast includes Christian Slater as the title character, John Cleese as Igor's evil master Dr. Glickenstein, plus Steve Buscemi as Scamper, his super intelligent and ill-tempered lab rabbit.
In the meantime, Chris McKenna is attached to pen the script with Eraklis seating as producer and Chris Robinson overseeing the movie on behalf of The Weinstein Company which will distribute the movie to North America and most foreign territories.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert