Tony Leondis Glued to "Igor"
Exodus Film Group has truly landed a big deal this time. The company has successfully brought award-winning animation veteran Tony Leondis in to direct its CG animated project of "Igor", president John D. Eraklis announced. Leondis, whose writing credits include Disney's "Home on the Range" and "DreamWorks'" The Prince of Egypt", won an Annie Award last year for Best Home Entertainment Production through DisneyToon Studios' "Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch."
Responding to Leondis' inclusion, the film's executive producer Max Howard openly expressed his excitement. "Tony's diverse creative talents are a perfect match for 'Igor,'" so he commented. "His vast arrays of animation experience as a writer, director and storyboard artist are key ingredients to making the film a success."
Developed as a comedic feature which brings a new twist to the classic monster genre, "Igor" presents a premise of a mad scientist's lab assistant who aspires to become a great scientist in his own right and win the first prize at the annual Evil Science fair. Voice cast includes Christian Slater as the title character, John Cleese as Igor's evil master Dr. Glickenstein, plus Steve Buscemi as Scamper, his super intelligent and ill-tempered lab rabbit.
In the meantime, Chris McKenna is attached to pen the script with Eraklis seating as producer and Chris Robinson overseeing the movie on behalf of The Weinstein Company which will distribute the movie to North America and most foreign territories.
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'