Johnny Depp Not Starring in "Legend"
Concerning the tidbit reporting "Finding Neverland" star Johnny Depp being attached to "I Am Legend" last July, it turns out that the actor's inclusion is apparently not true for IESB.net has revealed that Depp actually never signed on to the project.
With this confirmation, there thus will be no collaboration between Depp and Will Smith, who has officially been billed to play the lead role in the feature. As for the movie, it has also been reported that its story will be closer to a 1971 adaptation titled "The Omega Man" rather than the original 1954 novel written by Richard Matheson.
In related news, Blackfilm.com has given information that two actresses namely Salli Richardson and Alice Braga have been added to the cast to play Ginny, the wife of Smith's character, and Anna respectively. Filming is slated to begin this weekend in New York with Francis Lawrence at helm and Mark Protosevich plus Akiva Goldsman penning the script.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7