Johnny Depp Not Starring in "Legend"
Concerning the tidbit reporting "Finding Neverland" star Johnny Depp being attached to "I Am Legend" last July, it turns out that the actor's inclusion is apparently not true for IESB.net has revealed that Depp actually never signed on to the project.
With this confirmation, there thus will be no collaboration between Depp and Will Smith, who has officially been billed to play the lead role in the feature. As for the movie, it has also been reported that its story will be closer to a 1971 adaptation titled "The Omega Man" rather than the original 1954 novel written by Richard Matheson.
In related news, Blackfilm.com has given information that two actresses namely Salli Richardson and Alice Braga have been added to the cast to play Ginny, the wife of Smith's character, and Anna respectively. Filming is slated to begin this weekend in New York with Francis Lawrence at helm and Mark Protosevich plus Akiva Goldsman penning the script.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture