"Janis" Starts Shaping on November 13
Though the cast has not yet been completed, a date turns out to have been set for Peter Newman Productions' "Gospel According to Janis" to start filming production. Relying on Penelope Spheeris to direct, the biopic feature of legendary singer Janis Joplin is reported to finally begin rolling the camera on November 13 this year in Philadelphia with "Almost Famous" star Zooey Deschanel playing the title role.
In her preparation for the part, Deschanel has persistently spent four months being trained under a vocal coach to prepare to sing with Janis Joplin's gritty style. The actress previously beat down the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Pink, and Britney Spears to gain the coveted role.
Besides helming the project, Spheeris is also penning the script alongside David Dalton while Bill and William Haney are serving as producers. As for the story, the movie will take focus on a life journey of Joplin when she first moved to California up to her death in 1970 at the age of 27.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign