"Janis" Starts Shaping on November 13
Though the cast has not yet been completed, a date turns out to have been set for Peter Newman Productions' "Gospel According to Janis" to start filming production. Relying on Penelope Spheeris to direct, the biopic feature of legendary singer Janis Joplin is reported to finally begin rolling the camera on November 13 this year in Philadelphia with "Almost Famous" star Zooey Deschanel playing the title role.
In her preparation for the part, Deschanel has persistently spent four months being trained under a vocal coach to prepare to sing with Janis Joplin's gritty style. The actress previously beat down the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Pink, and Britney Spears to gain the coveted role.
Besides helming the project, Spheeris is also penning the script alongside David Dalton while Bill and William Haney are serving as producers. As for the story, the movie will take focus on a life journey of Joplin when she first moved to California up to her death in 1970 at the age of 27.
More Joplin News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest