"Janis" Starts Shaping on November 13
Though the cast has not yet been completed, a date turns out to have been set for Peter Newman Productions' "Gospel According to Janis" to start filming production. Relying on Penelope Spheeris to direct, the biopic feature of legendary singer Janis Joplin is reported to finally begin rolling the camera on November 13 this year in Philadelphia with "Almost Famous" star Zooey Deschanel playing the title role.
In her preparation for the part, Deschanel has persistently spent four months being trained under a vocal coach to prepare to sing with Janis Joplin's gritty style. The actress previously beat down the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Pink, and Britney Spears to gain the coveted role.
Besides helming the project, Spheeris is also penning the script alongside David Dalton while Bill and William Haney are serving as producers. As for the story, the movie will take focus on a life journey of Joplin when she first moved to California up to her death in 1970 at the age of 27.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win