"Janis" Starts Shaping on November 13
Though the cast has not yet been completed, a date turns out to have been set for Peter Newman Productions' "Gospel According to Janis" to start filming production. Relying on Penelope Spheeris to direct, the biopic feature of legendary singer Janis Joplin is reported to finally begin rolling the camera on November 13 this year in Philadelphia with "Almost Famous" star Zooey Deschanel playing the title role.
In her preparation for the part, Deschanel has persistently spent four months being trained under a vocal coach to prepare to sing with Janis Joplin's gritty style. The actress previously beat down the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Pink, and Britney Spears to gain the coveted role.
Besides helming the project, Spheeris is also penning the script alongside David Dalton while Bill and William Haney are serving as producers. As for the story, the movie will take focus on a life journey of Joplin when she first moved to California up to her death in 1970 at the age of 27.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary