Mark Burnett Reveals the "Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel"
Shifting from small to big screen, producer Mark Burnett has picked up the rights to make a film feature of "The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel", an adaptation of the first part of children's fantasy book series "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott, Variety has reported.
Described the series to have "the scope of The Lord of the Rings and the charm and intrigue of Harry Potter", Burnett is reported to currently look for studios to partner with on the project. The man himself has been known to be a prominent figure behind a series of reality shows on TV like "The Apprentice", "Survivor", "Rock Star: INXS", and "The Contender."
In the meantime, the book version will hit the bookstores in May 2007 under Random House Children's Books. Its story revolves around a pair of teenage fraternal twins named Sophie and Josh Newman who learn the ancient ways of magic from Flamel as they are pursued by creatures from various world mythologies.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered