Mark Burnett Reveals the "Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel"
Shifting from small to big screen, producer Mark Burnett has picked up the rights to make a film feature of "The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel", an adaptation of the first part of children's fantasy book series "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott, Variety has reported.
Described the series to have "the scope of The Lord of the Rings and the charm and intrigue of Harry Potter", Burnett is reported to currently look for studios to partner with on the project. The man himself has been known to be a prominent figure behind a series of reality shows on TV like "The Apprentice", "Survivor", "Rock Star: INXS", and "The Contender."
In the meantime, the book version will hit the bookstores in May 2007 under Random House Children's Books. Its story revolves around a pair of teenage fraternal twins named Sophie and Josh Newman who learn the ancient ways of magic from Flamel as they are pursued by creatures from various world mythologies.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves