Mark Burnett Reveals the "Secrets of Immortal Nicholas Flamel"
Shifting from small to big screen, producer Mark Burnett has picked up the rights to make a film feature of "The Alchemyst: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel", an adaptation of the first part of children's fantasy book series "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott, Variety has reported.
Described the series to have "the scope of The Lord of the Rings and the charm and intrigue of Harry Potter", Burnett is reported to currently look for studios to partner with on the project. The man himself has been known to be a prominent figure behind a series of reality shows on TV like "The Apprentice", "Survivor", "Rock Star: INXS", and "The Contender."
In the meantime, the book version will hit the bookstores in May 2007 under Random House Children's Books. Its story revolves around a pair of teenage fraternal twins named Sophie and Josh Newman who learn the ancient ways of magic from Flamel as they are pursued by creatures from various world mythologies.
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose