Lionsgate Goes Straight "Away from Her"
Making a bold move, Lionsgate has just secured U.S distribution rights to a drama flick entitled "Away from Her", a directorial debut of Sarah Polley who is also the first-time screenwriter of the project. The announcement of the successful attempt was made jointly on Wednesday, September 13 by Lionsgate's President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Peter Block and President of Theatrical Films Tom Ortenberg.
The deal was reached after Block and Ortenberg along with Vice President of Acquisitions Eda Kowan and Senior Vice President of Acquisitions Jason Constantine engaged in negotiations with William Morris Independent and producer Danny Iron on behalf of the filmmakers.
"It is an honor to be working with Sarah on her wonderfully accomplished feature writing and directing debut," Ortenberg commented. "'Away From Her' is a great, universal love story which we feel will be an early awards contender in multiple categories for next year."
Boasting a beautifully moving love story that deals with memory and the circuitous, unnamable paths of a long marriage, "Away from Her" is a lyrical screenplay adaptation of Alice Munro's short story titled "The Bear Came Over the Mountain." Julie Christie, Gordon Pinsent, Olympia Dukakis, and Michael Murphy are starring with Daniel Iron, Simone Urdl, and Jennifer Weiss seating as the film's production. Lionsgate has planned to release the movie by spring 2007.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards