Lionsgate Goes Straight "Away from Her"
Making a bold move, Lionsgate has just secured U.S distribution rights to a drama flick entitled "Away from Her", a directorial debut of Sarah Polley who is also the first-time screenwriter of the project. The announcement of the successful attempt was made jointly on Wednesday, September 13 by Lionsgate's President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Peter Block and President of Theatrical Films Tom Ortenberg.
The deal was reached after Block and Ortenberg along with Vice President of Acquisitions Eda Kowan and Senior Vice President of Acquisitions Jason Constantine engaged in negotiations with William Morris Independent and producer Danny Iron on behalf of the filmmakers.
"It is an honor to be working with Sarah on her wonderfully accomplished feature writing and directing debut," Ortenberg commented. "'Away From Her' is a great, universal love story which we feel will be an early awards contender in multiple categories for next year."
Boasting a beautifully moving love story that deals with memory and the circuitous, unnamable paths of a long marriage, "Away from Her" is a lyrical screenplay adaptation of Alice Munro's short story titled "The Bear Came Over the Mountain." Julie Christie, Gordon Pinsent, Olympia Dukakis, and Michael Murphy are starring with Daniel Iron, Simone Urdl, and Jennifer Weiss seating as the film's production. Lionsgate has planned to release the movie by spring 2007.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?