Lionsgate Goes Straight "Away from Her"
Making a bold move, Lionsgate has just secured U.S distribution rights to a drama flick entitled "Away from Her", a directorial debut of Sarah Polley who is also the first-time screenwriter of the project. The announcement of the successful attempt was made jointly on Wednesday, September 13 by Lionsgate's President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Peter Block and President of Theatrical Films Tom Ortenberg.
The deal was reached after Block and Ortenberg along with Vice President of Acquisitions Eda Kowan and Senior Vice President of Acquisitions Jason Constantine engaged in negotiations with William Morris Independent and producer Danny Iron on behalf of the filmmakers.
"It is an honor to be working with Sarah on her wonderfully accomplished feature writing and directing debut," Ortenberg commented. "'Away From Her' is a great, universal love story which we feel will be an early awards contender in multiple categories for next year."
Boasting a beautifully moving love story that deals with memory and the circuitous, unnamable paths of a long marriage, "Away from Her" is a lyrical screenplay adaptation of Alice Munro's short story titled "The Bear Came Over the Mountain." Julie Christie, Gordon Pinsent, Olympia Dukakis, and Michael Murphy are starring with Daniel Iron, Simone Urdl, and Jennifer Weiss seating as the film's production. Lionsgate has planned to release the movie by spring 2007.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'