Lionsgate Goes Straight "Away from Her"
Making a bold move, Lionsgate has just secured U.S distribution rights to a drama flick entitled "Away from Her", a directorial debut of Sarah Polley who is also the first-time screenwriter of the project. The announcement of the successful attempt was made jointly on Wednesday, September 13 by Lionsgate's President of Acquisitions and Co-Productions Peter Block and President of Theatrical Films Tom Ortenberg.
The deal was reached after Block and Ortenberg along with Vice President of Acquisitions Eda Kowan and Senior Vice President of Acquisitions Jason Constantine engaged in negotiations with William Morris Independent and producer Danny Iron on behalf of the filmmakers.
"It is an honor to be working with Sarah on her wonderfully accomplished feature writing and directing debut," Ortenberg commented. "'Away From Her' is a great, universal love story which we feel will be an early awards contender in multiple categories for next year."
Boasting a beautifully moving love story that deals with memory and the circuitous, unnamable paths of a long marriage, "Away from Her" is a lyrical screenplay adaptation of Alice Munro's short story titled "The Bear Came Over the Mountain." Julie Christie, Gordon Pinsent, Olympia Dukakis, and Michael Murphy are starring with Daniel Iron, Simone Urdl, and Jennifer Weiss seating as the film's production. Lionsgate has planned to release the movie by spring 2007.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory