Former Supermodel Christie Brinkley Filed for Divorce
Former supermodel Christie Brinkley is officially ending her 10 years marriage to fourth husband, architect Peter Cook. The 52-year-old beauty filed for divorce in New York's Suffolk County Court earlier this week, just three months after reports mentioned her husband had an affair with Diana Bianchi, an 18-year-old he'd hired to work in his firm.
Since then on the couple became a hot commodity in Hollywood, even more after Cook published a public apology to Brinkley in a Cindy Adams gossip column, saying "This is an aberration. I'm sorry. I'm contrite. I'm stupid. Foolish. No excuse. I love my wife. ... For a lifetime I've tried to prove how much I love her."
While Brinkley has yet provided any words on the divorce filing, Cook's legal team commented "[Cook] regrets that this happened. He was hopeful that they would be able to work through this problem and put their marriage back together, but obviously she has decided otherwise. He has instructed us that we are to handle this matter in as amicable and private a fashion as possible under the circumstances, and he hopes that everyone out there can respect the privacy of Christie and the children."
Brinkley and Cook married in 1996, and have an 8-year-old daughter, Sailor. Cook adopted Brinkley's son from previous marriage, Jack. The supermodel also has a daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, with her second husband. This then will be Brinkley's fourth divorce.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'