Former Supermodel Christie Brinkley Filed for Divorce
Former supermodel Christie Brinkley is officially ending her 10 years marriage to fourth husband, architect Peter Cook. The 52-year-old beauty filed for divorce in New York's Suffolk County Court earlier this week, just three months after reports mentioned her husband had an affair with Diana Bianchi, an 18-year-old he'd hired to work in his firm.
Since then on the couple became a hot commodity in Hollywood, even more after Cook published a public apology to Brinkley in a Cindy Adams gossip column, saying "This is an aberration. I'm sorry. I'm contrite. I'm stupid. Foolish. No excuse. I love my wife. ... For a lifetime I've tried to prove how much I love her."
While Brinkley has yet provided any words on the divorce filing, Cook's legal team commented "[Cook] regrets that this happened. He was hopeful that they would be able to work through this problem and put their marriage back together, but obviously she has decided otherwise. He has instructed us that we are to handle this matter in as amicable and private a fashion as possible under the circumstances, and he hopes that everyone out there can respect the privacy of Christie and the children."
Brinkley and Cook married in 1996, and have an 8-year-old daughter, Sailor. Cook adopted Brinkley's son from previous marriage, Jack. The supermodel also has a daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, with her second husband. This then will be Brinkley's fourth divorce.
More Christie Brinkley News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered