Former Supermodel Christie Brinkley Filed for Divorce
Former supermodel Christie Brinkley is officially ending her 10 years marriage to fourth husband, architect Peter Cook. The 52-year-old beauty filed for divorce in New York's Suffolk County Court earlier this week, just three months after reports mentioned her husband had an affair with Diana Bianchi, an 18-year-old he'd hired to work in his firm.
Since then on the couple became a hot commodity in Hollywood, even more after Cook published a public apology to Brinkley in a Cindy Adams gossip column, saying "This is an aberration. I'm sorry. I'm contrite. I'm stupid. Foolish. No excuse. I love my wife. ... For a lifetime I've tried to prove how much I love her."
While Brinkley has yet provided any words on the divorce filing, Cook's legal team commented "[Cook] regrets that this happened. He was hopeful that they would be able to work through this problem and put their marriage back together, but obviously she has decided otherwise. He has instructed us that we are to handle this matter in as amicable and private a fashion as possible under the circumstances, and he hopes that everyone out there can respect the privacy of Christie and the children."
Brinkley and Cook married in 1996, and have an 8-year-old daughter, Sailor. Cook adopted Brinkley's son from previous marriage, Jack. The supermodel also has a daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, with her second husband. This then will be Brinkley's fourth divorce.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby