"Dark Materials" Taking Shape in Oxford
Updating news on "The Golden Compass" which has already begun filming, BBC has reported that film crew are landing their feet in Oxford this week to shoot at the university's Exeter College which will stand in for Jordan College in the picture.
The filming in the location will last until the end of the week or so with an expectation to shoot scenes involving Nicole Kidman later in the week. To satisfy moviegoers' curiosity, BBC has delightfully provided some online photos of the shooting locations and production equipment which can be accessed through http://news.bbc.co.uk.
An adaptation of the first part of "His Dark Materials" trilogy written by award-winning author Philip Pullman, "Golden Compass" is another directorial work of "About a Boy" helmer Chris Weitz who also adapts the screenplay for New Line Cinema. Besides Kidman, cast includes Daniel Craig, Eva Green, and newcomer Dakota Blue Richards as lead character Lyra Belacqua.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March