"Dark Materials" Taking Shape in Oxford
Updating news on "The Golden Compass" which has already begun filming, BBC has reported that film crew are landing their feet in Oxford this week to shoot at the university's Exeter College which will stand in for Jordan College in the picture.
The filming in the location will last until the end of the week or so with an expectation to shoot scenes involving Nicole Kidman later in the week. To satisfy moviegoers' curiosity, BBC has delightfully provided some online photos of the shooting locations and production equipment which can be accessed through http://news.bbc.co.uk.
An adaptation of the first part of "His Dark Materials" trilogy written by award-winning author Philip Pullman, "Golden Compass" is another directorial work of "About a Boy" helmer Chris Weitz who also adapts the screenplay for New Line Cinema. Besides Kidman, cast includes Daniel Craig, Eva Green, and newcomer Dakota Blue Richards as lead character Lyra Belacqua.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory