The Big 10 Debuts on Billboard's Albums Chart
Having her second solo LP, "B'Day", tops the Billboard's album chart is the best birthday gift Beyonce Knowles has ever received. The set, drooped Sept 4h just in time with the singer's 25th birthday, is debuting at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 200, selling a massive 541,000 copies in its first week in stores.
Thus, the album marked Beyonce's second #1 debut on Billboard's albums chart. Back then in 2003, her debut solo album "Dangerously in Love" opened at #1, selling close to 317,000 units its first week in stores and going on to move more than 4.3 million copies since its release.
On "B'Day", with such record sales the set easily shunts off last week's chart champ Bob Dylan's "Modern Times" to the 3rd rank in its second week on the chart, sold another 128,000 copies. Nearly 400,000 copies behind Beyonce is Audioslave's "Revelations" opens this week in the #2 slot, with close to 142,000 copies sold. Danity Kane's self-titled is at 4th with more than 82,000, ahead of the soundtrack to "Cheetah Girls 2" at 5th with 68,000 copies sold.
The chart 's next best bows are Christina Aguilera's "Back to Basics" at No. 6 with 64,000 sold, Jessica Simpson's "A Public Affair" at the 7th position, sold another 60,000 copies, Nickelback's "All the Right Reasons" climbs two positions to #8 with 58,000 copies more sold, Iron Maiden's "A Matter of Life and Death" at No. 9, and Hinder's "Extreme Behavior" finishing the chart's Top 10.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full