"Evening" Entering Filming Process
Successfully assembling a star-studded cast with Patrick Wilson as the latest to join in, Focus Features is starting principal photography on "Evening" this week in Rhode Island, the studio's CEO James Schamus has announced yesterday, September 13.
An adaptation of Susan Minot's best-selling novel of the same title, the movie is a production of Hart-Sharp Entertainment and features Hungarian filmmaker Lajos Koltai at helm with cast that includes Vanessa Redgrave, Natasha Richardson, Toni Collette, Claire Danes, Meryl Streep, and Glenn Close.
Script has been entrusted into the hands of Pulitzer Prize-winning author Michael Cunningham to pen while Hart Sharp principals Jeffrey Sharp and John Hart are serving as producers. Production design is handled by Caroline Hanania with Gyula Pados as director of photography and Ann Roth as the costume designer.
Explores the romantic past and emotional present of a 65-year-old cancer patient named Ann Grant (Redgrave), the film's story revolves around Grant's defining moments in her life 50 years prior when she was a young woman (Danes) as the dying lady reveals her past to her two daughter, Constance (Richardson) and Nina (Collette). Streep is playing the older version of Grant's college friend Lila while Close is portraying the mother of Lila's older brother, Buddy, who turns out to be Grant's suitor.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit