Jim Carrey and Steve Carell Taking Voice Job in "Horton"
This no doubt will make a great collaboration, really. Two terrific funnymen, Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, have given their agreement to team up in doing voice acting on "Horton Hears a Who", the new CG animated project coming from 20th Century Fox Animation.
Marking his first in bringing a CGI animated character to life, Carrey will voice the title character while Carell filling the voice of the mayor of Who-ville, a distinguished figure of a very small size who is too small to be seen by Horton's eyes.
An adaptation of Dr. Seuss's 1954 children's book of the same title, "Horton Hears a Who" centers on an elephant named Horton who hears a cry for help coming from a tiny speck of dust floating through the air then determines to help despite being considered by his community to be out of his mind.
Film direction has been entrusted into the hands of duo Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino with Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio adapting the script. 20th Century Fox Animation production executive Bob Gordon is set to produce while Audrey Geisel, Chris Wedge, and Chris Meledandri will seat as executive producers.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy