Jim Carrey and Steve Carell Taking Voice Job in "Horton"
This no doubt will make a great collaboration, really. Two terrific funnymen, Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, have given their agreement to team up in doing voice acting on "Horton Hears a Who", the new CG animated project coming from 20th Century Fox Animation.
Marking his first in bringing a CGI animated character to life, Carrey will voice the title character while Carell filling the voice of the mayor of Who-ville, a distinguished figure of a very small size who is too small to be seen by Horton's eyes.
An adaptation of Dr. Seuss's 1954 children's book of the same title, "Horton Hears a Who" centers on an elephant named Horton who hears a cry for help coming from a tiny speck of dust floating through the air then determines to help despite being considered by his community to be out of his mind.
Film direction has been entrusted into the hands of duo Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino with Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio adapting the script. 20th Century Fox Animation production executive Bob Gordon is set to produce while Audrey Geisel, Chris Wedge, and Chris Meledandri will seat as executive producers.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns