The 2006 Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Award Winners
This year Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, held Friday September 8th in Atlanta, saw the big winning of Mariah Carey who during the event nabbed five awards all at once. She among others won the category of Top R&B/Hip-Hop Artist, Top R&B/Hip-Hop Artist - Female, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Artist, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Artist, and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album for her 2005 set "The Emancipation of Mimi".
Some other winners at the award show were Kanye West, who nabbed the Top Rap Album award for "Late Registration" and Hot Rap Track award for "Gold Digger". Meanwhile, Jamie Foxx brought home the Top Male R&B/Hip-Hop Artist prize, and Young Jeezy won Top New R&B/Hip-Hop Artist.
In companion with them all, there was also hip-hop group Public Enemy who received the 2006 Hip-Hop Founders Award in recognition of its long-standing influence on the genre. Jermaine Dupri, additionally, also was a big winner as he won the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Songwriter and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Producer while also was named the first recipient of the Otis Redding Excellence Award for his achievements both in and outside the studio.
The Otis Redding Excellence Award was launched this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Otis Redding's death in a 1967 plane crash.
More Mariah Carey News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters