The 2006 Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Award Winners
This year Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards, held Friday September 8th in Atlanta, saw the big winning of Mariah Carey who during the event nabbed five awards all at once. She among others won the category of Top R&B/Hip-Hop Artist, Top R&B/Hip-Hop Artist - Female, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Artist, Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Artist, and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Album for her 2005 set "The Emancipation of Mimi".
Some other winners at the award show were Kanye West, who nabbed the Top Rap Album award for "Late Registration" and Hot Rap Track award for "Gold Digger". Meanwhile, Jamie Foxx brought home the Top Male R&B/Hip-Hop Artist prize, and Young Jeezy won Top New R&B/Hip-Hop Artist.
In companion with them all, there was also hip-hop group Public Enemy who received the 2006 Hip-Hop Founders Award in recognition of its long-standing influence on the genre. Jermaine Dupri, additionally, also was a big winner as he won the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Songwriter and Top R&B/Hip-Hop Producer while also was named the first recipient of the Otis Redding Excellence Award for his achievements both in and outside the studio.
The Otis Redding Excellence Award was launched this year to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Otis Redding's death in a 1967 plane crash.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch