Rapper 50 Cent Was Arrested for Traffic Offenses
Here's one more celebrity creating abuzz. As for now on it's 50 Cent who's provoking media frenzy.
The rapper was pulled over by police Friday afternoon at around 2:00PM in New York City, cited for making an unsafe lane change, as well as driving without his license, vehicle insurance and registration. NYPD spokesperson Det. Madelyne Galindo says law enforcement officials in an unmarked car pulled over the star's silver Lamborghini at the corner of 8th Ave. and 35th Ave. in Midtown New York after they saw him made a turn without signaling.
Subsequent to that, officers then pulled him over one block north at 35th St. and discovered that he did not have his license on him, nor did he have the registration or insurance information for the car. As a crowd gathered and snapped photos with cell phones, cops determined to handcuff and escort Fiddy to a nearby precinct to ensure his safety. "He was taken to the station only for safety reasons because a crowd gathered because of who he is," Galindo tells People.
He was issued four summonses and released without being fingerprinted or photographed. He faces about $200 in fines. The Lamborghini was driven to the station by a police officer and relinquished to a friend of the rapper, who arrived bearing the vehicle's documentation and a valid license.
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online