David Strathairn Coming Down to "Hereafter"
Still staying close to dramatic feature, David Strathairn has joined the cast of "Hereafter", a project set amid aftermath of the tsunami disaster happened in Southeast Asia two years ago, Variety has learned.
Scheduled to start filming in Thailand by early next year, the movie focuses on an American clothing designer who tries to find his wife and children upon being separated from them after tsunami hit a remote area of Thailand they are visiting. Michael Patwin has been tapped to both direct and write the screenplay with Chris Bender, Ben Katz, and Madeline Ryan taking producers' seat.
Strathairn, a San Francisco-born actor of Scottish and Hawaiian descent, is last seen playing opposite Gretchen Mol in Picturehouse's "The Notorious Bettie Page" which opened in theatres last April. His future credits include "Matters of Life and Death", "We Are Marshall", and "My Blueberry Nights."
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?