David Strathairn Coming Down to "Hereafter"
Still staying close to dramatic feature, David Strathairn has joined the cast of "Hereafter", a project set amid aftermath of the tsunami disaster happened in Southeast Asia two years ago, Variety has learned.
Scheduled to start filming in Thailand by early next year, the movie focuses on an American clothing designer who tries to find his wife and children upon being separated from them after tsunami hit a remote area of Thailand they are visiting. Michael Patwin has been tapped to both direct and write the screenplay with Chris Bender, Ben Katz, and Madeline Ryan taking producers' seat.
Strathairn, a San Francisco-born actor of Scottish and Hawaiian descent, is last seen playing opposite Gretchen Mol in Picturehouse's "The Notorious Bettie Page" which opened in theatres last April. His future credits include "Matters of Life and Death", "We Are Marshall", and "My Blueberry Nights."
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens