Joe Mantegna Bringing Dean Martin to the Big Screen
A biopic of Dean Martin is in progress to be brought up to the silver screen. The "Joan of Arcadia" star Joe Mantegna has successfully obtained the film rights to a biographical memoir of the late prominent American actor/singer written by his daughter, Deana Martin, her publicist has confirmed Tuesday, September 5.
Entitled "Memories are Made of This", just like the book's title, the film will be produced by Mantegna alongside his producing partner, Danny Ramm, with a possibility for the actor to come up as a cameo. In the meantime, the script, which will be written based on the memoir, is expected to be completed by this year's Christmas.
Prior to this acquisition, there actually was a talk to depict Martin's life in a film feature entitled "Dino" with Tom Hanks in the starring role and Martin Scorsese directing, but as of 2006, the project has yet to come to fruition.
Also a renowned stage performer, Mantegna once played Martin in the 1998 HBO's TV-movie of "The Rat Pack" alongside Don Cheadle and Megan Dodds. Through the portrayal, he landed both Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations in supporting actor category by the following year.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist