Joe Mantegna Bringing Dean Martin to the Big Screen
A biopic of Dean Martin is in progress to be brought up to the silver screen. The "Joan of Arcadia" star Joe Mantegna has successfully obtained the film rights to a biographical memoir of the late prominent American actor/singer written by his daughter, Deana Martin, her publicist has confirmed Tuesday, September 5.
Entitled "Memories are Made of This", just like the book's title, the film will be produced by Mantegna alongside his producing partner, Danny Ramm, with a possibility for the actor to come up as a cameo. In the meantime, the script, which will be written based on the memoir, is expected to be completed by this year's Christmas.
Prior to this acquisition, there actually was a talk to depict Martin's life in a film feature entitled "Dino" with Tom Hanks in the starring role and Martin Scorsese directing, but as of 2006, the project has yet to come to fruition.
Also a renowned stage performer, Mantegna once played Martin in the 1998 HBO's TV-movie of "The Rat Pack" alongside Don Cheadle and Megan Dodds. Through the portrayal, he landed both Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations in supporting actor category by the following year.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked