Joe Mantegna Bringing Dean Martin to the Big Screen
A biopic of Dean Martin is in progress to be brought up to the silver screen. The "Joan of Arcadia" star Joe Mantegna has successfully obtained the film rights to a biographical memoir of the late prominent American actor/singer written by his daughter, Deana Martin, her publicist has confirmed Tuesday, September 5.
Entitled "Memories are Made of This", just like the book's title, the film will be produced by Mantegna alongside his producing partner, Danny Ramm, with a possibility for the actor to come up as a cameo. In the meantime, the script, which will be written based on the memoir, is expected to be completed by this year's Christmas.
Prior to this acquisition, there actually was a talk to depict Martin's life in a film feature entitled "Dino" with Tom Hanks in the starring role and Martin Scorsese directing, but as of 2006, the project has yet to come to fruition.
Also a renowned stage performer, Mantegna once played Martin in the 1998 HBO's TV-movie of "The Rat Pack" alongside Don Cheadle and Megan Dodds. Through the portrayal, he landed both Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations in supporting actor category by the following year.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie