Joe Mantegna Bringing Dean Martin to the Big Screen
A biopic of Dean Martin is in progress to be brought up to the silver screen. The "Joan of Arcadia" star Joe Mantegna has successfully obtained the film rights to a biographical memoir of the late prominent American actor/singer written by his daughter, Deana Martin, her publicist has confirmed Tuesday, September 5.
Entitled "Memories are Made of This", just like the book's title, the film will be produced by Mantegna alongside his producing partner, Danny Ramm, with a possibility for the actor to come up as a cameo. In the meantime, the script, which will be written based on the memoir, is expected to be completed by this year's Christmas.
Prior to this acquisition, there actually was a talk to depict Martin's life in a film feature entitled "Dino" with Tom Hanks in the starring role and Martin Scorsese directing, but as of 2006, the project has yet to come to fruition.
Also a renowned stage performer, Mantegna once played Martin in the 1998 HBO's TV-movie of "The Rat Pack" alongside Don Cheadle and Megan Dodds. Through the portrayal, he landed both Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations in supporting actor category by the following year.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes