Joe Mantegna Bringing Dean Martin to the Big Screen
A biopic of Dean Martin is in progress to be brought up to the silver screen. The "Joan of Arcadia" star Joe Mantegna has successfully obtained the film rights to a biographical memoir of the late prominent American actor/singer written by his daughter, Deana Martin, her publicist has confirmed Tuesday, September 5.
Entitled "Memories are Made of This", just like the book's title, the film will be produced by Mantegna alongside his producing partner, Danny Ramm, with a possibility for the actor to come up as a cameo. In the meantime, the script, which will be written based on the memoir, is expected to be completed by this year's Christmas.
Prior to this acquisition, there actually was a talk to depict Martin's life in a film feature entitled "Dino" with Tom Hanks in the starring role and Martin Scorsese directing, but as of 2006, the project has yet to come to fruition.
Also a renowned stage performer, Mantegna once played Martin in the 1998 HBO's TV-movie of "The Rat Pack" alongside Don Cheadle and Megan Dodds. Through the portrayal, he landed both Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations in supporting actor category by the following year.
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'