Joe Mantegna Bringing Dean Martin to the Big Screen
A biopic of Dean Martin is in progress to be brought up to the silver screen. The "Joan of Arcadia" star Joe Mantegna has successfully obtained the film rights to a biographical memoir of the late prominent American actor/singer written by his daughter, Deana Martin, her publicist has confirmed Tuesday, September 5.
Entitled "Memories are Made of This", just like the book's title, the film will be produced by Mantegna alongside his producing partner, Danny Ramm, with a possibility for the actor to come up as a cameo. In the meantime, the script, which will be written based on the memoir, is expected to be completed by this year's Christmas.
Prior to this acquisition, there actually was a talk to depict Martin's life in a film feature entitled "Dino" with Tom Hanks in the starring role and Martin Scorsese directing, but as of 2006, the project has yet to come to fruition.
Also a renowned stage performer, Mantegna once played Martin in the 1998 HBO's TV-movie of "The Rat Pack" alongside Don Cheadle and Megan Dodds. Through the portrayal, he landed both Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations in supporting actor category by the following year.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery