Drummer's Illness Forced My Chemical Romance to Cancel Shows
It is sad to say that drummer's illness has forced My Chemical Romance to cancel two live shows over the weekend. The rock band has to unfortunately postpone shows scheduled in Allentown, Pennsylvania, on Saturday and Syracuse, New York, on Sunday, after drummer Bob Bryar was hospitalized because of complications from an injury he sustained last month while filming a music video.
Bryar was admitted to hospital shortly after the group's VMAs performance late on Thursday night. He was kept in hospital over the weekend for tests and further treatment. "We got some really bad news in the past 48 hours. As a result of complications with a previous injury, Bob ended up in the hospital with a staph infection," a statement posted by the band on its Web site read.
The band's manager, Brian Schechter, apologized to fans who missed out on seeing the group this weekend, saying "We intend to make this up as soon as we possibly can in a completely fun and creative way for the fans to not be out in the cold. The band and I feel that they should stick by their band mate and brother's side in this time and not go play a show with a different drummer. Please bear with us as we first sort out Bob's health and secondly the re-scheduling of these shows."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story