No IMAX 3D for "Happy Feet"
There won't be a 3-D version of "Happy Feet" in IMAX. Warner Bros. Pictures as the film's production company has changed its original plan to release the animated musical comedy in IMAX 3D and will play the flick in IMAX 2D instead on November 17, the same day it opens in conventional theaters, Comingsoon.net has learned.
Reason behind the change is still unknown, but one thing for sure is that the conversion process of the movie will cost quite a large sum for Warner which can reach up to $10 million. The company itself recently released the IMAX 3D of "The Ant Bully" after previously gained success with that of Robert Zemeckis' "The Polar Express" back in 2004.
A George Miller's work, "Happy Feet" is set deep in Antartica where the land of Emperor Penguins lies. The story revolves around an inhabitant of the land named Mumble who, unlike his folks, cannot sing properly yet possesses great talent as a tap dancer. Voice cast include Elijah Wood, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams, and Hugh Jackman.
UPDATE Sep 8, 2006 : The reason of making 2D instead of 3D is Warner and IMAX don't have enough time to get the 3D ready by the time of its release date. Since both companies intend to see the film simultaneously released in conventional and IMAX theaters on the same date, they thus opted to go with 2D version instead.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos