No IMAX 3D for "Happy Feet"
There won't be a 3-D version of "Happy Feet" in IMAX. Warner Bros. Pictures as the film's production company has changed its original plan to release the animated musical comedy in IMAX 3D and will play the flick in IMAX 2D instead on November 17, the same day it opens in conventional theaters, Comingsoon.net has learned.
Reason behind the change is still unknown, but one thing for sure is that the conversion process of the movie will cost quite a large sum for Warner which can reach up to $10 million. The company itself recently released the IMAX 3D of "The Ant Bully" after previously gained success with that of Robert Zemeckis' "The Polar Express" back in 2004.
A George Miller's work, "Happy Feet" is set deep in Antartica where the land of Emperor Penguins lies. The story revolves around an inhabitant of the land named Mumble who, unlike his folks, cannot sing properly yet possesses great talent as a tap dancer. Voice cast include Elijah Wood, Nicole Kidman, Robin Williams, and Hugh Jackman.
UPDATE Sep 8, 2006 : The reason of making 2D instead of 3D is Warner and IMAX don't have enough time to get the 3D ready by the time of its release date. Since both companies intend to see the film simultaneously released in conventional and IMAX theaters on the same date, they thus opted to go with 2D version instead.
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts