Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Come to Financial Settlement
Finally, the couple and the people close to them could take a deep breath as financial settlement has been reached. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, whose divorce became official on June 30, 2006, have reportedly settled their finances.
Per TMZ it is reported that Jessica refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, which under California law means the assets, estimated at $36 million, are to be divided equally with Jessica and Nick should each get $18 million. However, as it was reported earlier, Jessica's father Joe Simpson has offered Nick $1.5 million to walk away from the marriage which the hunk refused.
And now in the property settlement, which has not yet been filed in court, Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than of what he and Jessica earned during the marriage. Sources close to Nick revealed that he agreed to end the dispute because he does not want to hurt anyone in a contentious court battle.
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!