Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Come to Financial Settlement
Finally, the couple and the people close to them could take a deep breath as financial settlement has been reached. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, whose divorce became official on June 30, 2006, have reportedly settled their finances.
Per TMZ it is reported that Jessica refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, which under California law means the assets, estimated at $36 million, are to be divided equally with Jessica and Nick should each get $18 million. However, as it was reported earlier, Jessica's father Joe Simpson has offered Nick $1.5 million to walk away from the marriage which the hunk refused.
And now in the property settlement, which has not yet been filed in court, Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than of what he and Jessica earned during the marriage. Sources close to Nick revealed that he agreed to end the dispute because he does not want to hurt anyone in a contentious court battle.
More Jessica Simpson News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?