Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Come to Financial Settlement
Finally, the couple and the people close to them could take a deep breath as financial settlement has been reached. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, whose divorce became official on June 30, 2006, have reportedly settled their finances.
Per TMZ it is reported that Jessica refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, which under California law means the assets, estimated at $36 million, are to be divided equally with Jessica and Nick should each get $18 million. However, as it was reported earlier, Jessica's father Joe Simpson has offered Nick $1.5 million to walk away from the marriage which the hunk refused.
And now in the property settlement, which has not yet been filed in court, Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than of what he and Jessica earned during the marriage. Sources close to Nick revealed that he agreed to end the dispute because he does not want to hurt anyone in a contentious court battle.
More Jessica Simpson News
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab