Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Come to Financial Settlement
Finally, the couple and the people close to them could take a deep breath as financial settlement has been reached. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, whose divorce became official on June 30, 2006, have reportedly settled their finances.
Per TMZ it is reported that Jessica refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, which under California law means the assets, estimated at $36 million, are to be divided equally with Jessica and Nick should each get $18 million. However, as it was reported earlier, Jessica's father Joe Simpson has offered Nick $1.5 million to walk away from the marriage which the hunk refused.
And now in the property settlement, which has not yet been filed in court, Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than of what he and Jessica earned during the marriage. Sources close to Nick revealed that he agreed to end the dispute because he does not want to hurt anyone in a contentious court battle.
More Jessica Simpson News
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest