Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey Come to Financial Settlement
Finally, the couple and the people close to them could take a deep breath as financial settlement has been reached. Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, whose divorce became official on June 30, 2006, have reportedly settled their finances.
Per TMZ it is reported that Jessica refused to sign a prenuptial agreement, which under California law means the assets, estimated at $36 million, are to be divided equally with Jessica and Nick should each get $18 million. However, as it was reported earlier, Jessica's father Joe Simpson has offered Nick $1.5 million to walk away from the marriage which the hunk refused.
And now in the property settlement, which has not yet been filed in court, Nick will take significantly more than the $1.5 million, but considerably less than of what he and Jessica earned during the marriage. Sources close to Nick revealed that he agreed to end the dispute because he does not want to hurt anyone in a contentious court battle.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame