Oprah Winfrey Opens Boys&Girls Club in Hometown
Amidst her hectic schedules as a talk show host, Oprah Winfrey still has time for social deeds. The famous yet generous figure returned to her home state of Kosciusko on Monday September 4th to dedicate a state-of-the-art Boys&Girls Club she helped sponsor.
Boys & Girls Club actually is a 32 thousand square foot center boasts state of the art computer labs, a music room, arts center, and a library. "This center belongs to you," Oprah told the crowd. "And I want you to nurture it, support it, take care of it, and lift it up."
Paul Powers, vice president of special projects for The Oprah Winfrey Boys & Girls Club of Kosciusko and Attala County, said the facility would be used mainly for after-school activities for boys and girls 5-18 years old. After homework is finished, children can participate in arts programs or take advantage of the building's gymnasium.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic