Oprah Winfrey Opens Boys&Girls Club in Hometown
Amidst her hectic schedules as a talk show host, Oprah Winfrey still has time for social deeds. The famous yet generous figure returned to her home state of Kosciusko on Monday September 4th to dedicate a state-of-the-art Boys&Girls Club she helped sponsor.
Boys & Girls Club actually is a 32 thousand square foot center boasts state of the art computer labs, a music room, arts center, and a library. "This center belongs to you," Oprah told the crowd. "And I want you to nurture it, support it, take care of it, and lift it up."
Paul Powers, vice president of special projects for The Oprah Winfrey Boys & Girls Club of Kosciusko and Attala County, said the facility would be used mainly for after-school activities for boys and girls 5-18 years old. After homework is finished, children can participate in arts programs or take advantage of the building's gymnasium.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked