Oprah Winfrey Opens Boys&Girls Club in Hometown
Amidst her hectic schedules as a talk show host, Oprah Winfrey still has time for social deeds. The famous yet generous figure returned to her home state of Kosciusko on Monday September 4th to dedicate a state-of-the-art Boys&Girls Club she helped sponsor.
Boys & Girls Club actually is a 32 thousand square foot center boasts state of the art computer labs, a music room, arts center, and a library. "This center belongs to you," Oprah told the crowd. "And I want you to nurture it, support it, take care of it, and lift it up."
Paul Powers, vice president of special projects for The Oprah Winfrey Boys & Girls Club of Kosciusko and Attala County, said the facility would be used mainly for after-school activities for boys and girls 5-18 years old. After homework is finished, children can participate in arts programs or take advantage of the building's gymnasium.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny