Oprah Winfrey Opens Boys&Girls Club in Hometown
Amidst her hectic schedules as a talk show host, Oprah Winfrey still has time for social deeds. The famous yet generous figure returned to her home state of Kosciusko on Monday September 4th to dedicate a state-of-the-art Boys&Girls Club she helped sponsor.
Boys & Girls Club actually is a 32 thousand square foot center boasts state of the art computer labs, a music room, arts center, and a library. "This center belongs to you," Oprah told the crowd. "And I want you to nurture it, support it, take care of it, and lift it up."
Paul Powers, vice president of special projects for The Oprah Winfrey Boys & Girls Club of Kosciusko and Attala County, said the facility would be used mainly for after-school activities for boys and girls 5-18 years old. After homework is finished, children can participate in arts programs or take advantage of the building's gymnasium.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday