Oprah Winfrey Opens Boys&Girls Club in Hometown
Amidst her hectic schedules as a talk show host, Oprah Winfrey still has time for social deeds. The famous yet generous figure returned to her home state of Kosciusko on Monday September 4th to dedicate a state-of-the-art Boys&Girls Club she helped sponsor.
Boys & Girls Club actually is a 32 thousand square foot center boasts state of the art computer labs, a music room, arts center, and a library. "This center belongs to you," Oprah told the crowd. "And I want you to nurture it, support it, take care of it, and lift it up."
Paul Powers, vice president of special projects for The Oprah Winfrey Boys & Girls Club of Kosciusko and Attala County, said the facility would be used mainly for after-school activities for boys and girls 5-18 years old. After homework is finished, children can participate in arts programs or take advantage of the building's gymnasium.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance