"Pirates" Close to Score $1 Billion Worldwide
Keeps moving on increasingly to draw more dollars into its pocket, "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" is a little bit closer to encounter $1 billion in its total income. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that this second installment of Disney's seafaring tale has satisfyingly added another $11.8 million from 6,681 screens in 49 territories overseas this weekend, making its total gross to $991.9 million worldwide.
With this superb result, "Dead Man's Chest" therefore has taken over the position secured by "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" on the all-time worldwide box-office chart and so pushes the Warner Bros.' flick to the fourth place of the list.
Confident with its capability to score $1 billion, Buena Vista International predicts that the film will cross the number in global ticket sales by next weekend. If everything turns out as expected, the movie will be the third film after 1997's "Titanic" and 2003's "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" to break the $1 billion box office barrier.
"Dead Man's Chest" sequel, "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End", is scheduled for a May 25, 2007 release. Principal cast members like Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightley are returning with new addition of Chow Yun-Fat as Captain Sao Feng and Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's father.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen