Hollywood Hunk Brad Pitt Announced Design Competition Winner
After some times of competition, Brad Pitt finally on Thursday August 31st announced the winner of his Sustainable Design Competition for New Orleans. And the lucky champions are New York City architects Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman, of the firm Workshop/APD.
"I'm very, very excited about the result," Pitt tells People magazine. "There are a lot of great ideas that came across the table." And so, their complex of single family homes and apartments would be built from modular pieces into long houses on a site that connects to the neighboring Mississippi River levee with a wide pedestrian ramp.
Pitt co-sponsored the design contest with environmental organization Global Green USA to find an affordable, Earth-friendly plan for building housing and community centers in neighborhoods ravaged a year ago by Hurricane Katrina. His sponsorship also included a $200,000 investment in the contest, which drew 3,000 applicants from around the globe and had been narrowed down to six finalists.
More Brad Pitt News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation