Hollywood Hunk Brad Pitt Announced Design Competition Winner
After some times of competition, Brad Pitt finally on Thursday August 31st announced the winner of his Sustainable Design Competition for New Orleans. And the lucky champions are New York City architects Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman, of the firm Workshop/APD.
"I'm very, very excited about the result," Pitt tells People magazine. "There are a lot of great ideas that came across the table." And so, their complex of single family homes and apartments would be built from modular pieces into long houses on a site that connects to the neighboring Mississippi River levee with a wide pedestrian ramp.
Pitt co-sponsored the design contest with environmental organization Global Green USA to find an affordable, Earth-friendly plan for building housing and community centers in neighborhoods ravaged a year ago by Hurricane Katrina. His sponsorship also included a $200,000 investment in the contest, which drew 3,000 applicants from around the globe and had been narrowed down to six finalists.
More Brad Pitt News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding