Hollywood Hunk Brad Pitt Announced Design Competition Winner
After some times of competition, Brad Pitt finally on Thursday August 31st announced the winner of his Sustainable Design Competition for New Orleans. And the lucky champions are New York City architects Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman, of the firm Workshop/APD.
"I'm very, very excited about the result," Pitt tells People magazine. "There are a lot of great ideas that came across the table." And so, their complex of single family homes and apartments would be built from modular pieces into long houses on a site that connects to the neighboring Mississippi River levee with a wide pedestrian ramp.
Pitt co-sponsored the design contest with environmental organization Global Green USA to find an affordable, Earth-friendly plan for building housing and community centers in neighborhoods ravaged a year ago by Hurricane Katrina. His sponsorship also included a $200,000 investment in the contest, which drew 3,000 applicants from around the globe and had been narrowed down to six finalists.
More Brad Pitt News
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert