Peter Jackson Mustering "Dambusters"
Another remake is about to come out from Peter Jackson after "King Kong." The Oscar-winning filmmaker has given his agreement to take the producer seat in developing "Dambusters", a new version of the 1954 British war film "The Dam Busters", Universal Pictures has confirmed on Thursday, August 31.
"This is one of the most remarkable true stories to come out of World War II," so Jackson said in relation to his decision to produce the picture. "This is an astonishing story that continues to be revered in British Commonwealth history, and our hope is to make their exploits known to more of the world and extend their legacy to a generation that might not otherwise recognize their inspiration and sacrifice."
Accompanying Jackson in producing the movie are Jan Blenkin and Carolynne Cunningham with Sir David Frost and Ken Kamins serving as executive producers. Meanwhile, Jackson's WETA Digital, Ltd. and Weta Workshop, Ltd are set to handle the visual effects and miniatures needed for the project.
A Universal presentation in association with StudioCanal, "Dambusters" depicts the true story of a group of airmen assigned to carry out Operation Chastise, a top-secret Royal Air Force bombing mission designed to strike a decisive blow against Nazi war machine at the height of its aggression. While there is no word yet about the cast and screenwriter, Christian Rivers, who has worked with Jackson for over 17 years, is tapped to direct.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik