Nick Lachey and A.J. DiScala Starting A Basketball Team
Nick Lachey and A.J. DiScala, both are longtime pals, sports fans, and most of all they are starting a basketball team. The twosome alongside their other celebrity pals announced Tuesday August 29th the formation of "The Hollywood Fame," a new team that will join the expanding American Basketball Association.
"The Hollywood Fame" will launch its inaugural season November later this year with home games to be played at the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Player tryouts were also held on Tuesday, with an additional September date planned to fill out the remaining spots on the squad as well as those for official "Hollywood Fame" cheerleading positions.
"We're excited about 'The Hollywood Fame' bringing highly skilled basketball players to the fans of Los Angeles. We are creating a unique family entertainment option at affordable prices," DiScala commented.
Number of celebrity owners of the basketball team among others are Geoff Stults, Stacy Keibler, NBA vet John Salley, former baseball star Brady Anderson, NFL quarterback Kyle Boller and NASCAR drivers Brian Vickers and Jimmie Johnson.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event