Allison Janney Joining the Cast of "Hairspray"
Allison Janney is joining John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Christopher Walken, Amanda Bynes, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Marsden, Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky to star in the big screen version of the musical "Hairspray".
Per Variey, the actress has been slated to play Prudy Pingleton, the overbearing mother of Penny (Bynes) who believes that dancing and having fun is sinful.
"Hairspray" is a musical comedy flick, based on a script written by Leslie Dixon. Gives hand at directing is Adam Shankman, with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron produce.
In the related news, it is reported that prior to the film deal, Janney has also inked deal with CBS for a sitcom vehicle that will aim for a fall 2007 slot.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby