Allison Janney Joining the Cast of "Hairspray"
Allison Janney is joining John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Christopher Walken, Amanda Bynes, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Marsden, Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky to star in the big screen version of the musical "Hairspray".
Per Variey, the actress has been slated to play Prudy Pingleton, the overbearing mother of Penny (Bynes) who believes that dancing and having fun is sinful.
"Hairspray" is a musical comedy flick, based on a script written by Leslie Dixon. Gives hand at directing is Adam Shankman, with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron produce.
In the related news, it is reported that prior to the film deal, Janney has also inked deal with CBS for a sitcom vehicle that will aim for a fall 2007 slot.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed