Allison Janney Joining the Cast of "Hairspray"
Allison Janney is joining John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Christopher Walken, Amanda Bynes, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Marsden, Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky to star in the big screen version of the musical "Hairspray".
Per Variey, the actress has been slated to play Prudy Pingleton, the overbearing mother of Penny (Bynes) who believes that dancing and having fun is sinful.
"Hairspray" is a musical comedy flick, based on a script written by Leslie Dixon. Gives hand at directing is Adam Shankman, with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron produce.
In the related news, it is reported that prior to the film deal, Janney has also inked deal with CBS for a sitcom vehicle that will aim for a fall 2007 slot.
More Hairspray News
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family