Allison Janney Joining the Cast of "Hairspray"
Allison Janney is joining John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Christopher Walken, Amanda Bynes, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Marsden, Zac Efron and Nikki Blonsky to star in the big screen version of the musical "Hairspray".
Per Variey, the actress has been slated to play Prudy Pingleton, the overbearing mother of Penny (Bynes) who believes that dancing and having fun is sinful.
"Hairspray" is a musical comedy flick, based on a script written by Leslie Dixon. Gives hand at directing is Adam Shankman, with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron produce.
In the related news, it is reported that prior to the film deal, Janney has also inked deal with CBS for a sitcom vehicle that will aim for a fall 2007 slot.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked