Universal Gets Choked
Still eager to add more book-based film projects under its wing, Universal Pictures has been reported to develop a new one entitled "Choke" following its success in securing the film rights to Chuck Palahniuk's novel of the same title.
There is no word yet on either the helmer or cast, despite the previous rumor of the inclusion of Susan Sarandon, Heath Ledger, and Ryan Gosling in the lineup, but it is confirmed that "Hollywoodland" screenwriter Paul Bernbaum has been hired to adapt the film's script.
Likely to stay close to the original version, pic will center on a con man who dupes other people to get their money by pretending to choke in restaurants in order to pay the expense for the care his mother receives in a nursing home.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too