Universal Gets Choked
Still eager to add more book-based film projects under its wing, Universal Pictures has been reported to develop a new one entitled "Choke" following its success in securing the film rights to Chuck Palahniuk's novel of the same title.
There is no word yet on either the helmer or cast, despite the previous rumor of the inclusion of Susan Sarandon, Heath Ledger, and Ryan Gosling in the lineup, but it is confirmed that "Hollywoodland" screenwriter Paul Bernbaum has been hired to adapt the film's script.
Likely to stay close to the original version, pic will center on a con man who dupes other people to get their money by pretending to choke in restaurants in order to pay the expense for the care his mother receives in a nursing home.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers