Universal Gets Choked
Still eager to add more book-based film projects under its wing, Universal Pictures has been reported to develop a new one entitled "Choke" following its success in securing the film rights to Chuck Palahniuk's novel of the same title.
There is no word yet on either the helmer or cast, despite the previous rumor of the inclusion of Susan Sarandon, Heath Ledger, and Ryan Gosling in the lineup, but it is confirmed that "Hollywoodland" screenwriter Paul Bernbaum has been hired to adapt the film's script.
Likely to stay close to the original version, pic will center on a con man who dupes other people to get their money by pretending to choke in restaurants in order to pay the expense for the care his mother receives in a nursing home.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen