Universal Gets Choked
Still eager to add more book-based film projects under its wing, Universal Pictures has been reported to develop a new one entitled "Choke" following its success in securing the film rights to Chuck Palahniuk's novel of the same title.
There is no word yet on either the helmer or cast, despite the previous rumor of the inclusion of Susan Sarandon, Heath Ledger, and Ryan Gosling in the lineup, but it is confirmed that "Hollywoodland" screenwriter Paul Bernbaum has been hired to adapt the film's script.
Likely to stay close to the original version, pic will center on a con man who dupes other people to get their money by pretending to choke in restaurants in order to pay the expense for the care his mother receives in a nursing home.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked